Bright Angel History Room

N Highway 64, Grand Canyon, AZ, USA

Bright Angel History Room Grand Canyon Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Centuries old history at the National Historic Landmark Jan 09, 2011
The history room at the Grand canyon's Bright Angel Lodge is worth visiting. My family and I, stoped at the lodge to dine and warm up after a cold tour of the southern rim. after a hot meal at the restaurant, I took an unguided tour of the history room.

The interesting history of influential people like Ms Mary Colter a school teacher in St. Paul Minnesota in the 1890s who became and architect and designer.She went on to become the chief designer and decorator for Fred Harvey's many hotels and restaurants.

The history of Fred Harvey the poor man who became the giant of restaurants and hotels in the south. Born in London, UK in 1835, Fred migrated to the United States at the age of fifteen. He took up jobs that any ordinary worker would have during those days. He later decided that in order to become rich and make money worth making, he needed to get into the food service industry.

Interesting information.
wrldadventurer wrldadve…
Running away from the cold weather! Dec 02, 2008
My family was referred by a family friend that used this company several times after we decided to run away from the cold weather of Chicago ebfore moving to Arizona.

We booked several tours with them. They are very helpful from the time of reservation to returning you to your hotel! This company really believes in customer service! The lady that I booked my reservation patiently answered all my questions about the tours that they offered. I am embarrassed to say that I think I kept her on the phone for at least a half hour. My husband had to remind me that she had other customers. She was always happy to answer all my questions and she actually helped me figure out an itinerary; it was almost like having a travel agent. She was fantastic!

Our guides on all of our tours were great! They were very informative and fun!

Our favorite tour was our several night trip to the Grand Canyon. We didn't know about Sedona until I spoke with the reservationist and I am glad that she encouraged me to include that in my stay in Arizona! The Grand Canyon was amazing and we have SO many wonderful memories and pictures from our trip. We had time to hike, take a sunset tour, a jeep tour and the helicopter tour on this one tour.

I would highly recommend this company to anyone thinking about going to Arizona! I am definitely going to book again with them if when I return. I now have family and friends trying to plan vacations to Arizona.

Compare Grand Canyon National Park Hotel Rates (3km away)

Grand Canyon Map