Brig O Don

01224 494634

Brig O Don Aberdeen Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Brig O'Don Sep 12, 2012
A bit out of the city centre, at the far end of the beach, so decent place to go if you've walked out that way, or visited Seaton Park. Plenty of buses pass to take you back into town, or if you have a car, there is plenty of parking.

It was midweek, so no problem getting a table. Don't know what it's like at the weekend,but they were advertising to book in advance.

Girl serving us,Andrea, was really friendly, but in a nice natural way, not forced.

Got the menus nice and quick, ordered the drinks and someone else brought them over from the bar.

Like the previous night, with 4 of us there, we went for the combo starter.Must have been starving as the gitl had just about turned her back and the plate was empty :D The Haggis Fritters were particularly nice 8)

While waiting for our main meal the fire alarm went off, and they were out quick to tell us it was all OK, it was somebody's spicy fajitas that had set the alarm off. Not quite what I've had drilled into me at all these Health & Safety briefings in work, but we had watched as it happened :D

I had the Steak Pie, my son, the little carnivore, as usual went for a steak, my wife had Chicken Balmoral and my daughter was as adventurous as ever choosing a Chicken Burger. They were all nice enough, without being spectacular.

Gave it a bit of time before ordering dessert, though still time to fit in another beer in there. I had a Chocolate Fudge Cake, my wife went for Sticky Toffee and Date Pudding and my son had the Chocolate Brownie With Walnut. Again OK, without any great wow factor.

Bill was very reasonable, the place was really clean, the staff friendly and welcoming and it had a nice relaxing atmosphere, that encouraged you to sit and talk ( I hardly had my phone out at all :D ). So all in all, for a simple meal it's worth going to.
Brig O'Don Pub/Restaurant