Bricks Cafe

Kupondole Rd, Kathmandu, Nepal

Bricks Cafe Kathmandu Reviews

DAO DAO
Fun Feb 13, 2017
The first time I saw this large brick tower I didn’t realise it was actually a restaurant. I saw signs near my hotel and thought I would give it a try. Wow! I am so glad I did! The main building is a massive brick tower that was built over a hundred years ago for some unknown purpose, but probably as a goods warehouse. There are tables and chair and stairs seemingly everywhere. Lots of levels and inner terraces. I was surprised to see that the staff seem to be able to serve all the tables given the layout. One of the waiters took my drink order and handed me a very nice looking menu. Momos, Thalis, succulent chicken and beef dishes. Not just the menu looked great, all the other diners were being served amazing looking dishes. As my food and subsequent beers arrived, the dancers and musicians began to tour throughout the tower. Sometimes they were in front of me, sometimes I could only hear them below me. Every dancer will invite you to dance with them. I saw a local man that was able to dance very well and make good account of himself. He received a well-deserved round of applause.

I loved this place. The food was sumptuous, the service awesome and the entertainment was excellent.

Favorite Dish:

Chicken Momos (They have 8 varieties!), Chicken Sadeko and a Gurkha beer or three.

Check Kathmandu Hotel Deals