Briar Rose Winery

(951) 308-1098

Briar Rose Winery Temecula Reviews

lveloria lveloria
Small winery with big cabs! Aug 03, 2008
I found the Temecula Valley Wine Country by accident on my way to Murietta, CA from San Diego. Briar Rose Winery is one of the many wineries in the valley. It is a premium vineyard that makes outstanding estate-bottled wines.

Given the fact that they only conduct wine tastings by appointment only, the host was nice enough to accommodate me without an appointment. The tasting room is a small European cottage-style tasting room. I met the owner's son and daughter and their buddy who began to pour me some of best wines. I started with a Sauvignon Blanc, then Chardonnay, and the rest were red wines most of which were Cabernets.

Tasting costs $15 (it's suppose to include glass, but I didn't get one) for nine pours. I tasted more than 9 wines in which some of them were from their reserved wines. I would have to come back to this review and give a more technical review of some of the wines I tasted, but overall, it was a great experience. Their wines are a bit expensive but definitely worth it.

I now belong to their wine club. ;)

(May '08)