Brian's Top 40 places I've visited

World

Brian's Top 40 places I've visited Reviews

delsol67 delsol67
My Favorite Places, So Far Aug 26, 2009
Hmmmm....not that I need somthing else to write about between the travel blogs, reviews, and labeling pics (oh...gotta get back to that, too!) but, people keep asking me about my favorites. So, I'm creating this list and will probably alter it as I find new favorites. I wanted to do 10 favs with another 5 runners up. When I listed all of my contenders, I had ……well, I stopped at 63. I reduced to 40.

There are so many differing factors that go into a destination becoming something special. Some of these are: extreme architectural beauty, physical beauty, historical significance, museum factor, music, beach factor (I’m a beach guy), quaint factor (can’t resist), artist communities draw me in, local culture, friendliness of locals, unique experiences that can’t be had anywhere else, and then there’s and X factor which is indescribable.

I’ve been fortunate enough to have been to all of these places and so many more. This list is close to my heart and is not in any order. That would be much more difficult to accomplish. I love them all and not for the same reasons. Who’s to say which reason is more important than another. They cannot be compared.

The asterisks represent places where I made friends that I keep in regular contact with. That has been the greatest treasure that I have found.

So, here they are:

35.Veliko Turnovo, Bulgaria

36.Victoria, Gozo

37.Valletta, Malta

38.Stockholm, Sweden

39.Hillerod, Denmark (Slot Fredericksborg )

40.Istanbul, Turkey