417 Royal Street, New Orleans, LA, USA

Brennan's New Orleans Reviews

RuttiTootie RuttiToo…
Prix Fixe Breakfast/Brunch May 04, 2008
Several of my friends recommended having breakfast/brunch at Brennan's. They were very accommodating, being as I made reservations for 10 people only a couple of weeks ahead of time. It is a bit on the expensive side where brunches are concerned, but it is well worth it. The prix fixe menu costs about $37 for a 3-course meal, including appetizer, entree, and dessert. This is an average price for my neck of the woods, so it wasn't too alarming. They also have other breakfast/brunch dishes available and desserts sold individually. You do not have to order off of the prix fixe menu.

I started off with a mimosa, while I waited for everyone to arrive. I had fresh strawberries in double cream as the starter. Once you have strawberries in this fashion, you may never want to go back to plain strawberries again. The Eggs Portughese were absolutely delicious. You can't go wrong with flaky pastries and poached eggs. The finale was Brennan's infamous Bananas Foster, which is a bit sweet to my liking but wonderful regardless. I especially enjoyed watching the desserts being prepared in front of us.

A perfect end to a perfect New Orleans vacation.

Brennan's Restaurant

Preparing dessert
Bananas Foster
sybil sybil
Must Have The Banana's Foster May 04, 2008
A nice establishment in the french quarter, this place is known for their banana's foster. but before i get there, i was here for brunch.

this was a pricey breakfast place. for example, an omelette could set you back $19-25. so, they advertise a 3-course prix fixe with choices for an appetizer, entree and dessert for $36.

i started off with the mimosa, which was fresh and came with fresh strawberries.

i also started off with fresh strawberries (i had them hold the cream). I tried someone's southern baked apple with double cream. definitely very very sweet and good -- although there might be a thing as too sweet.

my main course was the eggs ellen - two poached eggs over baked salmon. i thought the salmon was overcooked. i actually did not enjoy this dish.

but, i did enjoy the dessert - the banana's foster. first, the presentation was nice -- it was prepared table side, which could have been good and bad. good because of the presentation complete with flambe, bad because you can see all the fatty goodness involved - lots and lots of sugar and syrup and butter. either way, the end result was sweet goodness of vanilla ice cream with sweet bananas. very very yummy. although, again, it would be very difficult to finish this off in one sitting because of the sheer sweetness. it was very good though.

so while the food, in general, was "eh", the banana's foster was real good. don't know if it was worth the price though....
yummy mimosas
strawberries (no cream on this one)
southern baked apple with double c…
eggs ellen - poached eggs with sal…
Flyinhigh says:
I've been to Brennan's several times and always find it to be stellar.....the eggs hussard are wonderful, and the omelette florentine as well. ;)
Posted on: May 17, 2011
RuttiTootie says:
i'm a fan of flakey pastries, so my meal was a big hit once the forbidden eggs were thrown on top of them. (big hit for me at least)
Posted on: May 07, 2008
sybil says:
i think ruthie liked her portuguese brekky better than i liked my salmon. but we both agree that the bananas foster was yum! :D
Posted on: May 07, 2008