Bremer Ratskeller Rößler GmbH & Co. KG

+49 0421/321676

Bremer Ratskeller Rößler GmbH & Co. KG Bremen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Best part is the Cellar Feb 14, 2014
I had been eating here a couple of times but usually outside but given the time of year we went inside. When you dine here you can feel the history in these amazing halls. Even there are many empty seats they like to seat you after their needs in order to squeeze as man people as possible on to the benches and tables. All while the waiters are busy and you quite easy get the opinion that they neglect you, so one of your major tasks is to catch their attention.

The menu is the same as outside and I went for a festtagssuppe and rumpfsteak. The soup was tasty but the rumpfsteak was quite disappointing, I had expected that they had good meat but I have to say no. The best part of this place is to drink the beer in the jars and look at the amazing interior.
The menu
The soup
The main
The main
Chokk Chokk
Great location to feel the ambiance of the square Jul 20, 2012
After having walked around the different squares for a while looking at the magnificent buildings we decided to get something to drink and eat. I would have loved to go down and eat in basement of Bremen Ratskeller but it was only their outdoor service that was open so we took that one and decided to go for it while there still were some sun.

It turned out that Bremen Ratskeller is actually the council wine cellar of the Town Hall of Bremen and since the Town Hall was erected in the year 1405, German wines were stored and sold there. With it's history over 600 years Bremen Ratskeller is the oldest wine cellar of Germany, and furthermore have the oldest wine barrel of Germany, a wine from Rüdesheim which is dated 1653, which is still stored there.

We settled for their beer, which also was a great experience; it was served in cold stoneware cups, which kept the beer cold for quite some time. We had a quick look at their menu and decided to go local for our dishes. I went for a cold herring plate called "Variationen vom Herring", because I didn't feel great hunger while my friend took Labskaus, which is quite tasty but extremely heavy, as it's mainly mashed potatoes with beetroots and meat. We ended up having a couple of Becks beers there and decided to go somewhere indoor because it was getting colder.

It was a good place to sit and enjoy the ambiance of the square and I can recommend to at least have a coffee or a beer there just to feel the atmosphere.
The local beer
Smart set
The outdoor area
The herring
Dr_Seuss says:
Congrats on tays feature Christian, though Prost!!! would be more appropriate :)
Chokk says:
wagslikeadog says:
Well written review and pics. Congrats on the feature!

Check Bremen Hotel Deals