Breezes Bella Costa

Check Varadero Hotel Deals

Breezes Bella Costa Varadero Reviews

Matty_g81 Matty_g81
Good vacation but food quality lacking Apr 17, 2013
i must say i did enjoy my vacation at Breezes Bella Costa. Staff was very friendly, beaches were amazing (white sand, clear blue water). Drink quality was decent if you want premium brands you must ask for them. I would highly suggest bringing your own mug as the plastic cups are very very small.

Only complaint (and i new this coming into the trip) was the poor food quality. Decent selection but you can expect the same foods day by day at the buffets. The a la carte restaurants quality was little or no difference from the buffet. The only difference is that they served it to you.

Activities: every night the day time animation team will meet in the lobby at 11:30 to bring you to a club that will be busy. I went to La Rumba and it was great, good selection of music, good crowd and $2 beers. Went to La Bumba as well but didn't find that it was the same quality as LR. Hotel club is a write-off, no one really went. Took a moped to Varadero; just toured around and had a great meal at an Italian restaurant. we also did the catamaran tour $99 includes transportation, snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, and a lobster lunch in Cayo Blanco (really recommend it).
halilee halilee
Was ok.. Jul 20, 2012
We stayed here for a week in December, there was 6 of us. Two adults and 4 children ages 8 to 13. We booked two rooms for our stay, was supposed to be standard room without balcony, but we were upgraded to standard room with balcony.. awesome!

THE ROOMS:

To start,our rooms were adjoined which was great, and they added a 3rd bed to the one room so between the 2 rooms we had 5 beds which was fantastic. The hotel and rooms are a bit run down however, but were comfortable enough. Lighting was dim-ish. My only big complaint was upon arrival as I was about to get into bed, I noticed an open condom package with pubic hair stuck on it right beside my bed. EWWW! Otherwise we had no real issues. Our maid was sweet, leaving us notes on our bed with our towels made into shapes. We did see a cockroach in the hallway, but this is not uncommon in most any caribbean hotel/resort.

THE BEACH: the beach was pretty good. Enough loungers to go around it seemed, although several of them were broken in that you couldn't adjust the back of them up or down, or the cover was just so stretched, the area you sat on diveted down deeply. The beach for some reason was 2 layered.. one about 2 feet higher than the other layer. Water was really choppy, but think this was just due to some unlucky windy weather? Water was a beautiful color though. The towel service was good.

THE POOL: clean, average sized, not very deep. Had a small area for water volleyball. Good for kids. There were 2 jacuzzi pools, unfortunately they are not near the main pool, and they were only hot or warm sometimes, other times they were only a bit warmer than pool temperature. Seemed hit and miss.

FOOD and DRINK: the italian, cuban and japanese restaurants were all very good as far as food was concerned and the service was good as well. You could only get pop, juice of wine and no other specialty drinks at them though. At Jimmy's buffet and the beach grill during the day, the food was average at best, much of the time it was barely lukewarm. The omelets at breakfast were fantastic though! Biggest issue was if you were not there in the first hour or two of the meal, you were basically getting leftovers and sometimes the food was not replenished ( such as bacon at breakfast.. was empty by 9am). As for drinks, cups are small, bring your own if you can , or buy a cup. Alcoholic drinks are VERY strong. You might want to consider ordering a pop and an alcholic drink and put them together to make it not so strong.

ENTERTAINMENT: didn't use the kids club, seemed more geared to younger kids even though it's supposed to be for up to 12 yrs of age. The kids did enjoy the super-sized chess and checker boards though. Husband and kids went to a few of the nightly shows. One they enjoyed, 2 they walked out on. There was a little kids dance before one of the shows they went to which they had fun doing. We never got to use the kayak or the water trikes as the water was just too rough when we were there and in fact, the 1st day, the red flag was out so we couldn't even go out into the ocean. I believe all the other days the flag was yellow except for one day where we didn't see a flag out.

STAFF: some of them were very good ( one even made the kids napkin flowers and joked with them) , cheerful, courteous, seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Others seemed more like they were dredging through their day, just doing what they had to do.

All in all, I'd say it was an ok stay. Not sure we'd stay here again, however, if someone is on a budget, this resort would be a good choice.
Our room
the beach
CanadianBorn Canadian…
Beauty and the Beach Jan 06, 2008
This is a very nice resort to stay at. I reviewed it myself before we left to see what others had to say about and for the majority they were right on the money. What I hate is when you have people that go on and review an accommodation and have nothing bad bad things to say. If you want to bitch and complaining about it then do it with your family I myself do not want to here you whine about every little that did not meet your standards. That by the way I am going to assume that you set to high in the first place.

Well first this is a third world country. A country that still runs o by means of Socialism. And as poor as these people may be I do not think I have meet a happier culture in the world.

We did not arrive at the resort until 3am and the staff had a huge smile on their faces when we walked through the front doors. The check in service was great, they were fast and efficient and very helpful with all questions asked in the middle of the night. We got the keys to our room and we were off to put our bags upstairs and see what the resort was like at night.

There are 3 bars in the resort. A lobby bar that is open 24 hours and we hit at 3:30am to sample some Cuban beer and of course Cuban rum. There is a pool bar, it is not a swim up bar but I nice bar that was just redone while we were there. The last bar is out on the patio or beach restaurant area. This bar is smaller and many people do not go to this one. The only issue with this one is that it closes early. The bar staff are great, you will get to know them quite well as the Cuban nights are so beautiful you spend a lot of time out there with them. If you read this and you happen to make it to this resort please there is a security guard that stands down by the beach and he would really love you to bring him a cerveza in the heat.

The pool was very cold the week that we were there, but the sun gets so warm there (especially for a Canadian) that the pool was refreshing. To be honest it is hard to spend much time up by the pool during the day because of the beautiful beach. There 23 miles of beach in Varadero and Bella Costa happens to be on the best part of this beach. Beautiful white sands, clear water and amazing scenery (for guys and girls...lol) The staff here do a great job of getting people active with little games on the beach during the day. They also offered dance classes everyday in the morning up by the pool. The girls that teach the dances are great but I still trip over my feet trying these moves. There is something on the beach for everyone, if you want to play volleyball there is a court with people always willing to play. If you want to just walk the sand massages your feet as you walk and there numerous artists on the beach sculpting out of the sand. If you want to collect shells or just hang out and float around in the beautiful and warm Atlantic Ocean.

There are 2 buffet style restaurants and 3 a la carte (Japanese, Cuban,Italian). The buffet style was excellent. They had great options for everyone, even if you are a typical western that does not like to experiment and are use to our traditional style of eating. they had pasta and pizza and even french fries. There is always a lot of fish as well as cuban dishes and a great selection of fruit. I only tried the Italian restaurant and it was decent nothing to complain about at all. I have heard nothing but great things about the Japanese restaurant. Make your reservations early because they fill up fast for the week. Now I am talking during the high season, may not be as busy during there summer.

The staff is great all around, from the front desk to the bar staff to the maids cleaning your room and leaving you nice designs in your sheets. I brought soaps and shampoos and make up for the maids as these are luxury items for them, I left her a little something everyday. Tip the bar staff well early, sometime the pool bar get busy and if Ramone likes you and remembers you the wait time is significantly lowered. This is very important tip so read carefully, if you are going to be drinking the rum there is the 7 Year , 3 Year and then the white. You will want to start with the 7 year because this is very tasty and smooth, and the bar only has so many bottles a night. If you plan to scuba dive use Barracuda Scuba in Varadero.

So to summarize, I would recommend this resort to everyone. The staff is excellent and friendly. The beach is stunningly beautiful and the weather does everything in its power to keep you happy and smiling.

If you decide to go and I think you should enjoy because Cuba is a beautiful country in the Caribbean and should be a stop on everyone's list.

Cheers

Ryan
Designs by the maids.....
The pool bar....always busy
Chess board and the dance floor fo…
View from the balcony...
tvillingmarit says:
I was bicyklin in Cuba for 14 days this spring. Love the country. See my Cuba blog if you want
Posted on: May 25, 2008

Breezes Bella Costa Overview

The hotel complex consists of a main building and villas, and has a lobby with lobby bar, 3 a la carte restaurants and a buffet restaurant. Fruit bar, shopping arcade, hairdresser┬┤s. In the well-kept tropical gardens there is a large pool area with sun terrace, pool bar and beach club. Amongst the sports available are table tennis, tennis, aerobics, volleyball, billiards, dance classes. Also (subject to availability) catamaran-sailing, snorkelling and windsurfing. Golf course of Varadero at 1 km distance.

Breezes Bella Costa Amenities