BreadBar

Century City, California

BreadBar Century City Reviews

martinikitty13 martinik…
Crudobar at Breadbar Jun 18, 2008
This review is for Crudobar at Breadbar (a temporary event being held at Breadbar showcasing tapas with a focus on seafood). Breadbar is generally more of a salad/sandwich/bakery place with delicious baked goods and would probably get a 4 star review.

I was excited to try Crudobar with my normal crew of foodies. The weather was nice so we sat outside (which really meant we sat in the middle of the Westfields mall ... which was strange but soon we were so enveloped in our conversations that we almost didn't notice). The displays of croissants were also a nice distraction as we waited to order. Service was attentive (but I think our waiter was 16). lol!

We had the following:

Cheese course - nice selection of cheeses with slices of Breadbar's delicious bread and a pleasant chutney (apricot?)

Blue-fin tuna tartar - pretty good; but i've had so much tuna tartar in my life, i think i'm just jaded now...

Crab guacamole - very interesting and yummy; but the meyer lemon cream was a bit strong

hamachi with ginger, etc. - strange pink color; OK, nothing special

Shoestring potatoes with rosemary - essentially fried shredded potatoes; good

Sliders - crabcake and cod; the crabcake was overdone; the cod was quite tasty (my friend described it as mcdonald's fish filet, but better) :)

Lobster soup - this was my favorite - very tasty broth with morsels of lobster and fried chickpeas

Seared scallops over beans - didn't like this one; weird seasoning

chicken lollipops - tasty and fun to eat!

The tapas ranged from $9 - $20 - a bit pricey, but since we shared everything, the total tab wasn't so bad. We also brought our own wine (corkage was $15) so that may have helped to deflate the cost. I would say this place is between Average and Expensive.

Pretty good, not great. also this is only here for a few more weeks...

Afterwards, we went to the mall's foodcourt for gelato. We were all amused by how gruff the service was - as if they were doing us a favor by serving us ice cream. i'm surprised this place is still in business - service has always been bad - but I do like their dark cherry gelato.
Crab guacamole.
Blue fin tuna tartar.
Hamachi with ginger.
Sliders (crab and black cod).
sybil says:
i wasnt that thrilled with crudobar. liked ludobites way better.
Posted on: Jun 20, 2008

Compare Beverly Hills Hotel Rates (2.6km away)

Century City Map