Bread & Chocolate

Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

Bread & Chocolate Puerto Viejo Reviews

butterflying butterfl…
Not expensive for the freshest local ingredients, made ON the premises. Sep 29, 2012
I had the homemade PB&J, as I usually ponder in a restaurant, what would I not make at home. Thick whole wheat bread, the creamy, and not oily peanut butter, along with fresh strawberry jam, all made in the kitchen. Along side, crisp, thin apple slices, watermelon, papaya, and pineapple. I chose the passion fruit juice. A single raspberry chocolate was my choice from the extensive chalkboard dessert menu.

Don't miss this quaint spot! The staff were quite happy, courteous and attentive.
smilz201 smilz201
Best food I had Sep 27, 2011
Went to this cute place with friends from the uk who read about it in lonely planet , and had the best breakfast . Coffee , eggs , bacon , potatoes and even had a choice of bagels , no pinto yay lol the place is always busy when it's open and I understand why . Service is great . Run by two u.s guys I believe . Place is up kept , English speaking and delicious food .
Higton Higton
Aug 11, 2006
Boy, oh boy. I love this place. The food is good and it sells cakes. A great atmosphere pervades here, but the best thing is coffee. Some of the iced coffees elsewhere in the country are a bit rubbish. Not here, the iced cappuchino is excellent. The cakes here are also great. They are all homemade and, coming from a person who is not a massive fan of sweet things, they taste scrumpcious. I could grow fat here. Christ, how middle class am I?
DefDulce says:
What was your favorite cake, love?
Posted on: Jan 08, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Bread & Chocolate

Costa Rica on a Shoestring - Day 6: Puerto Viejo
Had breakfast at Bread & Chocolate with a few people on the tour.  It was our guides favorite place to eat in Puerto Viejo, she was raving about their bagels.  I must admit the food was…Bread & Chocolate with a few people on the tour.  It was our guides favorite place to eat in Puerto Viejo

Compare Puerto Viejo de Talamanca Hotel Rates (2.2km away)

Puerto Viejo Map