Brayka Bay Reef Resort

Brayka Bay Reef Resort Rates and Deals

Brayka Bay Reef Resort Marsa Alam Reviews

Devika1985 Devika19…
Relaxing in Egypt Aug 17, 2011
I stayed at the Brayka Bay resort in July, 2007. It's a really big resort like a small town in the dessert-like surroundings. I had never been to an all-inclusive beach resort before and that summer I just wanted to try that. I dont like lying around on a beach unless I can explore the underwater nature there. Funny thing is that I really love snorkling and sea-life fascinates me (Im a total documentary addict on this subject) but I also find it a little scary. I like fish but I dont like them to come too close haha that's why I don't have any diving-certificates yet but I will get them at some point. So the biggest demand I had for finding a place was that it should be in an area that was good for snorkling. I found this resort online and decided to go there.

I dont have any material to compare this resort and the all-inclusive formula to because I have never been at any resort of this kind, but for snorkling it was the great! The hotel is situated at a small bay with beautiful corals and a lot of colourful fish. I saw the most unusual fish there and one day I didnt go snorkling and the next day I heard that there had been a turtle swimming around in the bay also. Too bad I missed that. In 2007 the area was still very much under construction and there weren't that many resorts and tourists there yet, so most of the time I was the only one floating around in the bay for the snorkling and sometimes with this one other dude who also seemed to enjoy snorkling as much as I do. The beach of the hotel was always quiet, never crowded so that made it the ultimate relaxing vacation for me. I would just be at the beach with a cocktail in my hand and when I got bored for lying around I would get my goggles and go snorkling. The perfect lazy vacation!

While I spent most of my time snorkling I did see there were other activities at the resort. There was a sportcentre and the staff was organizing activities for kids and also adults, but we didnt participate in any of those so I couldnt tell u anything about that. I do think that should be more things to do at a resort like this because we were very much tied to the resort overthere. Around the resort there was only sand, sand and more sand.

What I liked is that the staff was very friendly and always helpful. The food was very nice and there was always so much to choose from. The room was really big with a great bed and a pretthy large bathroom. The room was perfectly cleaned every day and the cleaning staff always made funny figures with the towels on the bed like a swan or a rose, very old-fashioned, but cute. Ofcourse there is a nice swimmingpool but I dont care for that so I didnt swim in it at all. The resort also has a few small shops with souvenirs.

From the resort you can book a lot of daytours to go on diving or snorkling trips or visit places nearby. We took a daytour where we went to a national park for snorkling which was great and we also went on a boat out to sea and 5 minutes away from the coastline there was this reef on the oceanfloor and we were dropped from the boat there and we could snorkle and swim our way along the reef. That was amazing! Im not a resort-export nor a diving/snorkling-expert, but I really liked this place and if you are in need of a vacation of ultimate relaxation I can really recommend this place.
viciousv04 says:
Been wanting to go! This place looks great & I love underwater adventures. Is there anything else out there to do but watersport? Is this resort have a lot of families? How was the food?
Posted on: Aug 26, 2011

Brayka Bay Reef Resort Overview

Brayka Bay Reef Resort Hotel is located in the up and coming tourist area of Marsa Alam. This luxury all-inclusive 5 star hotel offers an exotic oasis with first class accommodation, facilities and services plus all you would expect for a perfect holiday. There are 460 large and spacious guest rooms, including family rooms, beach front rooms or panoramic sea views. This hotel has its own private beach which stretches 1300 metres, so it's ideal for those looking for a swimming and sunbathing holiday.

Getting to the hotel: Brayka Bay Reef Resort Hotel is located 43 km from Marsa Alam Airport.

Local tips: Situated on its very own private sandy beach with a protected coral reef makes this ideal for snorkelling. The resort is close to 'Elephinstone' which is renowned for being one of the best diving spots within the Red Sea. Marsa Alam village is 18 km from the resort where you will find shops, bars and restaurants. A shuttle ride to El Quseir is also available.

Please note: rates and conditions are not valid for Egyptian passport holders

Food, drink and entertainment: 'Miramar Restaurant' is the main restaurant in the resort and serves a rich buffet of national and International cuisine, 'Da Mario' is a poolside a'la carte restaurant, 'Hemingway's' is a beachside a'la carte seafood restaurant and 'Tiffany's Bar'.

The all-inclusive programme: Breakfast 06:30-10:00, lunch 12:30-15:00 and dinner 19:00-22:30 all served in 'Miramar Restaurant'. Snacks are available at 'Da Mario' 10:30-12:30. Tea time is at 'Tiffany's Bar' 16:00-18:00.

Please note that all locally produced alcohol and non alcoholic drinks, including wine, beer, hard liquors, tea, coffee and fizzy drinks are all included and served 10:00-24:00 each day.

Day and evening entertainment is available but quite low-key. There are weekly beach or desert parties and oriental nights which are great fun. The on-site amphitheatre has shows available most evenings during high season. For those of you who want to get your dancing shoes on then there is a disco several nights week.

Sports, games and activities: Large two-tier outdoor swimming pool with swim-up pool bar, indoor heated swimming pool, spa treatments, sauna, steam bath, massage, fully equipped gym, football, snorkelling, aerobics, games room, tennis, beach volleyball, horse riding, camel trips, beach buggy, billiards, table tennis and a jogging track that runs from one side of the bay to the other.

For the kids: Hotel-run children's club for 6-12 year olds and an adjoining children's pool to the main pool.

Additional: 24 hour reception, 24 hour room service (extra charge), room service, laundry service, dry cleaning service, internet cafe, currency exchange, facilities for disabled guests, conference/meeting facilities, TV room, medical service on call, sunbathing terrace, sun loungers, parasols, bicycle rental, supermarket, hairdresser and air conditioning.

Brayka Bay Reef Resort Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower