Bravissimo

Avenida Providencia 1406, Santiago, Chile

Bravissimo Santiago Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Best ice cream in the city? Nov 14, 2016
We didn’t eat enough ice cream in Santiago to be able to substantiate Bravissimo’s claim to have the best, but it is certainly very good. They have a large range of flavours, making decisions difficult, and you can buy them by the scoop (one, two or three) in either cup or cone, or as part of a fancier sundae. We decided on a simple cup, with three scoops each, but as we were eating in these came in a sundae dish with wafers, as you can see. I should mention though that the one in my photo is Chris’s and it was taken after I had given him my wafers, hence the profusion!

His chosen flavours were a dark chocolate (“Chocolate Black”), fruits of the forest (“Frutos del Bosque”) and some sort of Amazonian fruit (the dark blue at the base) whose name I don’t recall and can’t see listed on the website – it may have been a special of the day. I had pistachio, “Cheese Maracuyá” (passionfruit cheesecake!) and lemon sorbet. All the flavours were very good and it’s hard to pick a winner, but Chris’s chocolate and my pistachio stood out just a little. The service was friendly and when our waiter realised we didn’t speak much Spanish he helpfully called over an English-speaking colleague to serve us.

There are lots of branches in the city – we visited the one on Avenida Providecia near Manuel Montt metro station, just around the corner from our hotel. The café looks a little plain and functional on the ground floor, but we found the first floor cosier. There’s a second floor too but we didn’t venture up there, and a few tables set out on the pavement (although as this is a busy road and there’s a bus stop right by them, we thought the traffic fumes made these rather unappealing). As well as ice cream, they sell some nice looking cakes, salads, sandwiches and coffee – but it is the ices for which they are known.
Chris's selection
Too many to choose from!
Toonsarah says:
Thanks Holger. It's pistachio or other nutty ones for me, usually ;-)
Posted on: Feb 08, 2017
HORSCHECK says:
Excellent review here. - I am definitely the "Frutos del Bosque" type. .-)
Posted on: Feb 07, 2017