Brauhaus am Waldschlösschen

8 Am Brauhaus, Dresden, Germany

Brauhaus am Waldschlösschen Dresden Reviews

german_eagle german_e…
Microbrewery with hearty food May 27, 2017
This is a typical microbrewery with restaurant. Hearty, simple food like pork knuckle with sauerkraut, tasty beer, live music (and not only oompah, but also Dixie Jazz, Boogie-Woogie etc.) and rustic ambience attract a mixed crowd of students, tourists, locals. Specials on most days.

The have large rooms inside where you also see the tanks with the beer. My favourite place is the terrace right by the restaurant, though, because from there you have beautiful views of the city. Please note that this terrace has service, the beergarden below is self service.

When friends from NZ visited we had supper here on a Friday. Grabbed a table at the beergarden, enjoyed the view but even more the food, which we got from the BBQ: pork steak with onions and french fries/potato salad for my friends, "Leberkäs" and a roll for me - yummy. And the beer was very tasty, too :-)

Another time I visited with friends on a summer evening on a Wednesday, which is "Schnitzel Day". Some of us chose the special of the day, (pork) Schnitzel with veggies, potatoes plus a half litre beer (pick from what's on tap, I had the non-filtered "Zwickel") for 10.99 Euro, others had pork knuckle e.g. Oh, and we all had dessert - my apple strudel with vanilla sauce and -ice cream plus whipped cream was excellent.
Waldschlösschen microbrewery
inside
inside, beer tank
Schnitzel and beer
german_eagle says:
To clarify - dessert was extra, not included in the 10.99 Euro special offer.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2017
Jo104 says:
thats very good value
Posted on: Mar 23, 2017
princeza_9 princeza…
Good beer and food in Dresden Mar 03, 2010
You don't have to look far for a brewery in Germany, and that includes inside the city of Dresden. Waldschlösschen is not only a brewery, but also a full service restaurant. The staff is friendly, and patient (important when dealing with non-German speakers) and the food is great. They have a wonderful Sachsen Kartoffelsuppe mit Wurst (Saxon Potato soup with wurst) and I've only heard good things about their other dishes. Beer is homemade and wonderful. A great place in Neustadt, and you can get a good view across the river into Altstadt.

Check Dresden Hotel Deals