Brasserie Zédel

20 Sherwood Street, London, United Kingdom

Brasserie Zédel London Reviews

Jo104 Jo104
1930's art deco Parisian styled brasserie Mar 31, 2017
After visiting the Cahoots Club for a couple of hours of sipping cocktails in a 1940’s styled underground bar I wanted to take my friend Han to a restaurant for dinner where we would still feel comfortable in our 1940’s glam attire.

Brasserie Zedel serves traditional French cuisine in this lovely art décor, Beux Arts interior Parisian brasserie. In 1930’s it formed part of the Regent Palace Hotel which at that time was the largest hotel and it said today to be the best and most authentic 1930’s interior in the England.

We decided to go for their prix-fixe menu as we were feeling a bit poor and the mains are a little pricey as you would need to add your side in. The prix fixe menu is only one choice for GBP12.75 Carrot Salad, Steak minced & frites served medium & a chocolate gateau. I think there is also a dish of the day and a more expensive fixed menu which gives a glass of wine also but French is not my strongpoint.

The service was friendly, the coffee super strong. The décor is just great very opulent upstairs in the café there are lots of posters of stars and glamorous people. There is a Cabaret bar attached I may try this for a show and they do meal and show offers. There is also the American Bar which does lovely cocktails and snacks. There is a discretionary 15% service charge added to the bill. Opening hours are 11.30am – Midnight and 11pm on Sunday.
Jo104 says:
I've heard that from other people the food is average but I have to go on the super cheap fixed menu can't complain
Posted on: Apr 06, 2017
AdamR3723 says:
We have only been once, but were disappointed with the food. Maybe, we went on an 'off' day.
Posted on: Apr 05, 2017
Toonsarah says:
We've been here just once (so far) and I rather liked it, though I don't remember what I ate. The decor is rather fabulous, isn't it?!
Posted on: Mar 31, 2017