Brasserie Medard

Sint-Amandsstraat 18, Brugge, Belgium

Brasserie Medard Brugge Reviews

maryanntravel maryannt…
Worst service ever Aug 03, 2011
Brasserie Medard is a small restaurant with a small terrace in front of it, located just outside the normal tourist routes.

We were searching for a simple restaurant for a simple lunch, and this seemed to be it. However, when we asked if it was possible to take a seat here, the waitress didn't seem to notice us, despite the fact that she was not busy with anything. When we eventually got her attention, she didn't say anything but pointed at the terrace, so we went and sat there.

It took a while for our orders to be taken, and she did this with the same lack of enthusiasm as when she pointed to our places. Luckily the sandwiches with crab salad arrived quickly, and they only cost €2,50. Half way our lunch it started to rain. They had an electronic sunshield which was half opened, but when the lady next to us asked the owner to open it fully, he refused. So we all had no choice but to move our tables closer to each other, which was not comfortable of course. On top of that, when I wanted to pay, the waitress had disappeared so I turned to the owner. He acted the same as the waitress and didn't seem to acknowledge my existence.

I am normally not so harsh and try to see the best in everything, but the behavior of the staff was so rude, I would recommend spending your time and money elsewhere. Brasserie Medard is definitely not recommended.
Sandwich with crab salad