Brasserie Marionette

15 Rue de Strasbourg L-2561 Luxembourg (Lëtzebuerg), Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Brasserie Marionette Luxembourg Reviews

planxty planxty
Decent beer, decent place. Apr 23, 2017
Like the nearby Bar 2000 this was another cafe / bar which I had managed to miss until fairly late in my trip to Luxembourg and which forms the basis of another review here, I found this one late. Believe me, I was trying very hard but there were just rather a lot to get through and I had remarkably only got here on my penultimate day despite it being literally three minutes walk from my hotel. For those in transit, I should mention that it is no more than two minutes walk from the main railway station and infinitely more pleasant than the type of over priced soulless watering holes you find in transport hubs the world over.

Other than it's excellent location there is little to say about the Marionette that I haven't said already in numerous reviews about the bars in the Low Countries as they seem to be of a uniformly high standard. It was perhaps a bit more upmarket than many of the other local establishments but certainly not pretentious. It was completely empty when I visited on a Sunday early afternoon which slightly surprised me as I thought the locals would be out enjoying a drink on a day off work but at least it led to prompt and friendly service with the server even humouring me by talking to me in the schoolboy French I had ventured. It is the norm here that servers suss you immediately and switch straight to English but I got to practice a little bit here which I most certainly needed.

I have mentioned before that bars in Luxembourg fall into two camps, either Diekriek or Bofferding (both makes of beer) and this one was in the Diekirch camp. Certainly, there were other beers, both draught and a good selection of bottled, on offer but my draught Diekirch was well kept and served as always in this region. There is little more to say about this place really other than it is yet another very decent clean and tidy little bar in an area that certainly has more than it's fair share.

Recommended.
Brasserie Marionette.
Brasserie Marionette (apologies fo…

Check Luxembourg Hotel Deals