Brasserie Borluut

09 225 45 41

Brasserie Borluut Ghent Reviews

davidx davidx
Hope this is not dated Sep 10, 2003
Whenever I recommend a hotel or restaurant that I have not visited for some time, I do my best to check that it is much as I remember it. With this one I have had unusual difficulty. Their own website is only in Dutch, which I do not speak and those in English either say very little or put words that I recognise as my own nearer the time.

Anyway, I am not too bothered because I never go by what I have read and seen but by the appearance of the place and its menu when I get there. I do take a sort of desperation list in case I find nowhere but I go out and look. I think Brussels and Madrid are the only places where I have discovered after the event that I have eaten from anywhere on my list. This was TOP - but check for yourself; there are plenty of others in the vicinity.

When I went there was an extensive a la carte menu; then there were menus and menus of the day (the very cheapest) tht often had dishes from the a la carte menu. I was ale to compare my cheapie with the dishes of those clearly eating a la carte. Quantity and i believe quality were identical.

There was also a good selection of Belgian beers and the friendly waiter was happy to advise. One dish I particularly enjoyed and is still at least on their a la carte menu was Gentse waterzooi, a local speciality.

Any comment with an update very welcome.

Check Ghent Hotel Deals