Brasil a Gosto

70 R. Prof. Azevedo Amaral, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Brasil a Gosto - Dipping sauces
Brasil a Gosto - I can barely contain my excitement
Brasil a Gosto - My duck dish
Brasil a Gosto - Fish balls made with fish flakes/manioc flour. Really really good! And gluten free.
Brasil a Gosto - A colorful assortment of bread (which, unfortunately, I couldn't eat! but Lisa said it was good)
Brasil a Gosto - The whole assortment of dishes, for your viewing pleasure
Brasil a Gosto - Lisa and I and the cool looking window/garden in the background

Brasil a Gosto Sao Paulo Reviews

Eric Eric
Best restaurant experience in Brazil Jan 17, 2010
Brasil a Gosto was by far our most enjoyable dining experience in Brazil. We tried many nice places in both Rio and Sao Paulo, but they didn't come close to Brasil a Gosto in terms of uniqueness of food, quality, service, and environment.

The setting of the restaurant is warm yet modern. There are a lot of wood tones and a giant glass window with a small, indoor garden alongside one of the walls.

The food here is both tasty and unique. There are a lot of dishes here, created using a variety of ingredients and cooking methods found only in different parts of Brazil, that you won't find anywhere else. For instance, my main dish was a duck that was cooked in a broth with manioc flour, and seasoned with a type of plant that would make your tongue go slightly numb/tingly when you bit into it. It sounds weird, but it seemed to make the rest of the dish taste better (and made for a fun tingly sensation when sipping wine). Perhaps this odd herb will become the next fad ingredient to hit Los Angeles, and take its place beside miso-glazed chilean sea-bass, meyer lemon, jidori chicken, and heirloom tomatoes on trendy restaurant menus the world over.

The service here was also very good (albeit a little bit slow at the end of dinner, when the restaurant started filling up). Our waiter spoke English, and was very helpful in checking with the kitchen and offering suggestions when I let him know I couldn't have anything with wheat or gluten in it.

Some of the staff can also read mines. When a busboy noticed Lisa examining one of the cool ceramic dishes they have here, and we were wondering where they came from, he brought over an informational booklet describing the plates/ceramics in detail. All of their dishes are made by a local artist/studio in Brazil (http://www.muriquiceramica.com.br/ingles/pecas.html) really striking looking.

If you get wine and drinks, it should run ~$40-50 USD per person, which, although expensive, is a relative bargain considering this place is voted one of the best restaurants in Brazil.
I can barely contain my excitement
Dipping sauces
A colorful assortment of bread (wh…
Fish balls made with fish flakes/m…

Check Sao Paulo Hotel Deals