Braseiro Gaúcho

(24) 3351-2495

Braseiro Gaúcho Itatiaia Reviews

fredleal fredleal
Jul 27, 2006
Braseiro Gaúcho was our choice initially because the owner and host greeted us on the street and, when we asked about the menu (because my brother doesn't eat meat), he promptly offered to make him some pasta. That was nice of him and, according to my brother, the pasta was great.As most of Penedo's restaurants, trout is one of their specialties. My mother had some with shrimp rice and garlicky broccoli, but I went for the steak - which was extra tender and amazingly prepared. Perfect combination of a browned outside with the pink inside, leaving the meat soft and tasty.The prices are a little higher than you usual downtown steak house because Penedo is a strong touristic area. But it's well worth it. They also have a nice selection of fresh juice, and the food portions are very well served. A dish for one person serves two thin guys, and the options for two people can be divided among three people with the right amount of hunger.It's more expensive on winter, when Penedo is filled with tourists. But it's also more pleasant, with the cold air and the beautiful people in expensive jackets and pullovers. And it's right in the middle of everything, so you can't miss it.
Amanda says:
I love steak and trout both; and the broccoli sounds yummy! Thank you!!
Posted on: Sep 12, 2006