Brambuk Backpackers Hostel

(03) 5356 4250
Brambuk Backpackers Hostel - the communal area
Brambuk Backpackers Hostel - the communal area
Brambuk Backpackers Hostel - heating and a fan
Brambuk Backpackers Hostel - the bedside table seems to be eaten away.
Brambuk Backpackers Hostel - the not so clean bedding
Brambuk Backpackers Hostel - shabby toilet
Brambuk Backpackers Hostel - the shower

Compare Fyans Creek Hotel Rates (8.3km away)

Brambuk Backpackers Hostel Grampians Reviews

sweettangerine sweettan…
Filty room but ok public areas Dec 25, 2012
The Brambuk hostel is located in Halls Gap at the foot of the Grampians and pretty much across the road from the Brambuk Aboriginal Center.

It’s a small hostel with large mixed dorms, bunking up ten to twelve people. There’s a separate shower block in a barrack in the back yard.

My friend and I had upgraded to twin accommodation and we received the room that is normally reserved to the drivers, right next to the office. It was a small and very filthy room with a twin and a single bed, a fan, an electrical heater and a molded away bedside table. The electrical heater came in really handy as it did get very cold at night.

The bathroom was very capsule-like and had but a toilet and a very tiny shower, the kind that is placed in caravans or motorhomes. The sink was actually placed in the room, so not in the bathroom.

I believe this room is normally not let out to customers, but we got it seen the fact that this was only plan B after our original lodgings not being available.

The hostel’s living room and public areas were very nice though. The large and spacious living room had plenty of sofas and featured free unlimited Wi-Fi. The kitchen was well equipped and large enough to prepare a proper supper for a full group. There is however but one stove, which is difficult when there are several groups staying at once.

The dining room was too small for our group of 21, but there was ample sitting space in the living room anyway.

I did not check out the dorms, but according tour our group members, they weren’t too pleasant. The beds were very close together and 12 in one rooms is quite a lot… especially at a mixed dorm.

Since this was only emergency accommodation, because the proprietor of our original lodgings didn’t show up, we couldn’t be too fussy. But this is definitely not a place I’d stay if I had a different choice.
the communal area
the not so clean bedding
heating and a fan

Compare Fyans Creek Hotel Rates (8.3km away)

Brambuk Backpackers Hostel Map