Bramah Tea & Coffee Museum

40 Southwark Street, London, United Kingdom
www.teaandcoffeemuseum.co.uk - 0871 971 5975, 020 7403 5650
Bramah Tea & Coffee Museum - The Bramah Tea pots
Bramah Tea & Coffee Museum - The gallery restaurant
Bramah Tea & Coffee Museum - Menier Chocolate Factory (Menier Gallery)

Bramah Tea & Coffee Museum London Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Don´t waste your time, it doesn´t exist anymore! Jun 01, 2012
I had visited the Bramah Tea & Coffee Museum in the early 90´s. It showed the history of the tea and coffee trades, including a collection of over 1000 tea pots and coffee makers.

I remembered it as a nice and interesting little museum, where you could also enjoy afternoon tea. I wanted to visit it again. From my previous visit I remembered that it was a little tricky to find, but this time it was ridiculous. I was sure I knew where it was. I ended up asking at the Novotel around the corner. They said that the museum had closed a couple of years ago, but didn´t know if it had opened again somewhere else.

I checked internet and their website was still operating. The museum is also mentioned in a new edition of a London guidebook, and it was supposed to be located in 40 Southwark Street. At that address there was a hardware store. A guy in the shop could tell me that the Menier Chocolate Factory across the street had some of the museum´s tea pots on display. The Menier Chocolate Factory was established in 1870, but is now a gallery. In the restaurant in the gallery I found some of Bramah Tea & Coffee Museum´s tea pots in a glass cabinet.

The gallery had an interesting exhibition and the restaurant was charming, but it´s not worth going there if you are only looking for what is left of the Bramah Tea & Coffee Museum.
Menier Chocolate Factory (Menier G…
The gallery restaurant