Bradford Circle for Foreign Languages

Bradford, England

Bradford Circle for Foreign Languages Reviews

davidx davidx
Come and see us! Dec 09, 2010
For my 500th review, something a bit different. If you are thinking of having a holiday anywhere near the Yorkshire city of Bradford, you might like to visit us at the Circle for Foreign Languages, a body unique in England.

it is an independent body formed in 1899 for the benefit of woollen merchants in the city; it owns its own building - letting out parts to an accountant and a solicitor. If any TB in the area is interested in joining, the cost is only £20 per year, which entitles you to go to any of the individual sections (French, German, Italian and Spanish on Thursdays, Wednesdays, Tuesdays and Mondays respectively. Tea, coffee or juice only 10p a cup! For others who are in Bradford on holiday, whether you speak English as your native language but fancy an evening of one of the others or you speak one of the four as your native language and are fed up with only hearing English, come along and join in - or just listen if you prefer. You will be charged nothing for one or two sessions and you will be made very welcome.

I only go to the Spanish Section so I can only talk about that but I believe that it applies fairly well to other sections as well. We meet throughout the year, except Bank Holidays. We alternate between conversations between ourselves once a fortnight and, in the intervening weeks, talks by members of the Section or native speakers of Spanish.

Check Bradford Hotel Deals