Bowery Ballroom

(212) 533-2111

Bowery Ballroom New York Reviews

Eboogzs Eboogzs
The Top Small Venue in NYC Nov 29, 2011
Music is my first love. I was a dancer all through Junior High, High School, and some college and I was always looking for the next beat to bump to or the next rhythm to groove to. That continues to this day with every new track I hear that just brings me back to those times. So when I love an artist, I’m all about seeing them performing and enjoying the music in person.

One of the best places in NY to see a live show is at Bowery Ballroom in the Lower East Side. It’s not a super huge place so every standing room only space is a great view of the show, and the sound is amazing. It has just the right amount of acoustics and the engineers are awesome. It’s seems like some of the artists end up wanting more sound in their monitors or lower the sound in their earpieces, but the audience has a flawless experience.

I’ve seen a number of shows here: John Legend, Little Dragon, Das Racist, SBTRKT, and most recently Frank Ocean. All had great performances…except that Das Racist sucks in person, but I recommend that if someone you like is performing here, definitely check it out. Probably the top small venue in the city. And most shows are $20-$25 bucks.
Frank Ocean