Bow Thong Resort

+ 66 81 644 4040

Bow Thong Resort Koh Tao Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
Amazing beach location!! Oct 02, 2011
Note: I am reviewing the cafe/restuarant at the hotel, not the accomodation! (Unfortunately I did not stay here)

My friends and I came here one morning whilst exploring the island on our motorbikes. We were not allowed to ride the whole way down to the beach, and there was pretty much no road (only a small track which looked like it had been washed away by the rains), so we parked our bikes and headed down towards the beach.

The cafe/restaurant which is part of the Bow Thong Resort allows outsiders to enter for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Located right on the sands of Sairee Beach, it has a breath-taking view of the beach and island. There are lots of tall palm trees surrounding the cafe, so plenty of shade - and they also have several umbrellas for extra protection from the sun.

The restaurant staff are very friendly and helpful - they were quick to take our order, and kept coming back to make sure everything was alright. The food is average, and served in very small portions, but the location makes up for it. I suggest you try the banana fritters, and an ice cold fresh coconut! As it is located in the more expensive part of town, prices for food and drinks are above the norm, but still very cheap when you compare prices in other countries.

The area around the cafe/restaurant is very quite, even though there were lots of other tourists sunbaking and swimming. I felt very relaxed here, and all I needed to make it better would have been a hammock!

If I return to Koh Tao, I would look into staying at this resort!

Check Koh Tao Hotel Deals