Bourbon Street

Bourbon Street - The infamous sign

Bourbon Street New Orleans Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
So Gross Sep 30, 2016
Is Bourbon Street an acquired taste? I don't think so. Perhaps I had a rose-colored view of what it would be like but now that I've visited, I can tell you that it's not really what I expected. Yeah, there are plenty of live music venues (some with fairly talented musicians but quite frankly, you can hear as good or better music for free from street performers in the French Quarter), but the bars spit out super drunk and rowdy patrons in the street at all hours of the day and night. Because of this, you'll find a real problem with scammers, pickpockets, and gropers.

Women, do NOT hang out alone at any time of the day or night. It would seem some characters take that as an open invitation to squeeze your body parts as you pass by (get ready to haul off and smack 'em in the head). If anybody tries to get your attention just look ahead, ignore them and walk with confidence. Trust me. Also don't take a bag or bulky wallet. I would recommend wearing sturdy, closed toe shoes too -- my Chucks came in handy as I was dodging pile after pile of vomit and, I'm sorry to say, three DIFFERENT piles of HUMAN EXCREMENT.

If you decide to set foot on Bourbon Street, prepare yourself to see all of the above as well as copious amounts of nudity (both male and female). After the second guy in less than an hour pulled down his pants and shook his privates at us, I quickly decided it was time to get back to the hotel.

Bourbon Street is best summed up in one word: gross.
ChrisMahlstedt ChrisMah…
Bourbon Street May 09, 2011
Here's some information you should know before visiting Bourbon Street:

1. If you are looking for good music, you will be tourist trapped into "don't stop believing" and Def Leopard covers.

2. If you are looking to get drunk, you have come to the right place, but know that everyone else is planning on doing the same, and drunks don't mix well.

3. You are not allowed to do just anything on this street, so don't try urinating, or carrying your alcohol in glass containers, unless you are looking to get fined.

4. Don't try parking on the street.

5. "World's Famous Love Acts" is not really a club where people have sex on stage. It is just another strip club attempting to lour you in with different advertisement tactics.

6. And lastly, beware of shot girls! No the shots are not free, and they don't contain much alcohol. And no she is not hitting on you for real!
seamerry seamerry
Spend a night drinking on the tourist packed street :) Jun 04, 2010
If going to New Orleans, you must spend a night drinking and partying on Bourbon Street! The live entertainment and music is fantastic! You meet all different types of people traveling! You must start from one end of Bourbon Street and walk to the other end, going from on club/bar/store to the next. If its your birthday make sure and pin a dollar to your shirt/top and people will donate money towards your drinks. (It is a old tradition and a lot of fun)
montecarlostar montecar…
New Orleans party paradise... or hell Feb 13, 2010
Bourbon St. is New Orleans’s French Quarter most lively and shocking street. I have been there mostly during festivals and it gets even crazier. You can find anything in there from Blues and Jazz pubs to the Hustler’s club and other places that I don’t need to describe in this review. What most people do is jump from bar to bar with drinking beer or any other drink.

Things can get really crazy during the night, and it is absolutely packed, dirty and loud during the festivals, especially Mardi Gras and Halloween. Most bars are open 24/7.

This street is a must if you like to party and you should avoid it if you don’t.
The infamous sign
Bourbon St. during Mardi Gras
Bourbon St at night
X_Drive X_Drive
A fun stroll thru "Party Town" Apr 23, 2008
I guess the best way to describe Bourbon Street in New Orleans is to say “Party!”. This several block long street is home to more bars, pubs, souvenir shops, sex clubs and eateries and is most famous for being the party capital of New Orleans. As the evening gets going the bands start playing and the alcohol starts flowing. The later it gets they wilder it is. And the locals keep things lively with make-up bands playing on the street in different places. And yes, this is the place where girls on the balconies lift their shirts and show off their breasts for a string of colorful beads, although I’ve heard several times of that happening in reverse, with the girls down on the ground showing off for the guys on the balconies. I guess I was there on a quiet night. Some of the music is just loud and noisy while others are worth stopping and listening to for awhile. Only a few places have a cover charge, and you can usually hear the music outside just as well. It is a fun experience at anytime of the year.
Gabby27 says:
I've been working on Bourbon Street for 3 years're more likely to see a man's breasts than a woman's...sorry to burst anyone's bubble. Times have changed. It's still an amazing place though.
rogers10 says:
all i have to say is amen!
pearcetoyou says:
Congratulations, Roger!
haha...yes, I think I recall giving away some of those beads back in my college days here on Bourbon Street!!!
mayerel mayerel
Bourbon Street Experiance Jul 01, 2008
Everyone should go to Bourbon at least once in their life! It's a party every night with beads flying and drinks all around! There are always people up on the balconys or running around with beads. (Who says Mardi Gras is only once a year?)

You have to stop and get a hand grenade or a hurricane, I would HIGHLY not recommend getting both in one night! They're VERY strong and VERY cheap!!

My only other recommendation is do not wear open toe shoes or shoes you care about! The street is always a bit damp and I don't really want to think too hard about why...but it's not pretty!
barefootqt barefoot…
Apr 13, 2006
Do you really not know?? This place is Mardi Gras 365 days a year. Beers are usually buy 2, get 2 or 4 for the price of one. Parades all the time, even little ones at nite. Crawfish are always awesome. Locals are great people. You have to go to Tropical Isle on Bourbon St. and get a Hand Grenade, very strong drink (be careful!!!)
FR-ank says:
Sounds great... :)
Posted on: Aug 19, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Bourbon Street

The French Quarter
The French Quarter in New Orleans   Writing about the French Quarter has turned out to be a difficult and confusing task.  My mind spins and twirls with facts, history, myths, legends, gh…New Orleans is hands down, Desire Oyster Bar on Bourbon Street.   This restaurant exuberates all that is New Orleans
Is that a man or a woman--wtf is it? -also BKK travel tips
I paid for 2 nights at this hotel (TAT Tourism office scam but what can I do). Iâ��m off to search for a new hotel but I need to search for my jewelry supplier here soon. I picked this plac…Bourbon Street in New Orleans). I ws looking for the 5 star Restaurants (like Boubon Street but realized this was a smut…
Phuket, Similan Islands, Phi Phi Islands, Bangkok
I don't think we could have planned this trip any better - well besides that fact that we would have LOVED more time in each place but staying in Phuket was perfect.  There was even an elephant …Bourbon street in New Orleans.  Lined with bars and restaurants, you couldn't walk 2 feet without getting "offers…

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals