Bouchon Bakery

10 Columbus Circle, New York, NY, USA - (212) 823-9366

Bouchon Bakery New York Reviews

Mark_Norman Mark_Nor…
Bouchon Bakery - Time Warner Center Dec 13, 2010
So I finally made it to the one bakery in New York that I was so focused on visiting. Thomas Keller has developed various locations for his Bouchon Bakery cafe and retail store, all of which I am sure hold the same quality as I found in the New York location.

The bakery is located on the 3rd floor of the Time Warner center, which in itself is a wonderful place housing various boutiques such as Williams-Sonoma, Hugo Boss, Whole Foods Market and not to mention Thomas Kellers highly recognized restaurant "Per Se" which is located on the fourth floor.

As I walked off the 3rd floor escalator I began to walk towards the bakery noticing a busy Bouchon Bakery cafe that was seating a hungry lunch crowd. The bakery is close by the cafe which has a wonderful display of baked goods and sandwich fare. I liked the presentation that you could look over the items in a glass display case, sandwiches, salads and even soups were displayed in front of you.

The first thing I noticed was a "Gingerbread house" that was displayed for the holiday season, it was very well done. I did not hesitate in taking a photo.

Since it was lunch and I had been wanting to visit the bakery for some time now, I wanted to make the best choice. It wouldn't be too hard however since everything looked so great.

I chose to go with a ham and cheese sandwich on french baguette, accompanied with tomato soup ( perhaps for dipping!)

I also wanted to try one of every dessert, but it just was not possible. Luckly I was with my sister and her husband so I had a chance to taste some of what they had ordered as well..

Along with my lunch choice I ordered bakery specials such as the famous "TKO" cookie, Nutter Butter, Chocolate bouchon, brioche, and macaroons - chocolate, vanilla, egg nogg and peppermint/candycane (which were only offered for the season of course)

Waiting for my order I noticed at the counter a container holding what looked like Biscotti, however after noticing the label I knew I was mistaken... FOIE GRAS DOG BISCUITS! That's a first haha. If I had a dog I am sure they would be a hit! Great idea though, I could be wrong but I have an idea what part of the foie gras is used to make them....good utilization of product I'd say!

After I had my order we had to take the escalator down to the bottom floor where Whole Foods Market was located since the bakery seats were full at that time. Regardless of that fact I understood....the food was incredible!

The macaroons were my favorite dessert selection. Perfect texture, crispy on the outside, chewy/soft inside with a creme filling. Perfect.

I ended up returning to the bakery the next day for more selections, yes it was that good.
Gingerbread house 2010
Great selection
fresh salads
kyuri18 says:
Congrats on your feature!! I am so proud of you:)
montecarlostar says:
Congrats on the feature!!
Mark_Norman says: