Bottle Inn

26 22nd Street, Hermosa Beach, CA, USA - (310) 376-9595

Bottle Inn Hermosa Beach Reviews

Eric Eric
Spotty Service, Odd Flavors, Expensive Apr 23, 2009
There aren't a lot of great Italian restaurants in the South Bay, so I was excited to try out The Bottle Inn, a small, homey feeling place near the strand in Hermosa Beach.

Unfortunately, the evening got off to a rocky start, and from there it was mostly downhill. We had reservations for two and arrived right after it opened. There was one other party there, and plenty of empty tables, but they put us in a back room area, which was completely deserted. I don't mind a little seclusion now and then, but loneliness can become a problem when even the waiter doesn't know you exist.

We waited 10 minutes before someone came back to help us, and they only came after I went around front to let them know we hadn't been helped. Even after we ordered, the bread took a leisurely time arriving as well. At least it was good.

The same can't be said for my entree. I ordered a “new” item, the Campanelle and burrata mozzarella, described by the menu as "Bell shaped pasta with fresh asparagus, creamy soft fresh buffala mozzarella, shredded sun dried tomato, fresh basil, arugula endive, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, a touch of cream and toasted angelhair sprinkles." It sounded very intriguing, but ended up tasting like a Chinese noodle stir-fry. At an Italian restaurant. It wasn't bad, necessarily, but I was in the mood for something a little more Italian tasting.

Some of the other items on the menu sounded interesting, but given the poor initial service, incongruously Chinese-food tasting entree, and higher than average prices, I don't think I'll be back.

Check Hermosa Beach Hotel Deals