Rua Visconde de Caravelas, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
(55-21) 2286-3391

Botequim Rio de Janeiro Reviews

willb willb
Affordable and delicious food Mar 10, 2012
I've been in Rio for almost two week. I went to 2 restaurants during my stay, make sure you try a "churrascaria " all you can eat meat restaurant. I've been to Churrascaria Carretão-Ipanema, you can google it. It's around R$ 55 and the meet was great. Other than that I always at little " Botequim " , lots of meat bakeries and fresh juices. Make sure you try acai, guarana, mango juice. Some do have buffet by kilo and they are not expensive at all. Its alldeliciouss but the cleanse of the food is questionable, I didn't have any trouble but make sure you taken all necessary vaccines.

If you are a vegetarian, choices is goofing to little limited.

Have fun In Rio
helenan helenan
Jul 06, 2006
Inspite of it's name, Botequim is not a cheap bar. It's a restaurant, full of simple - yet delicious - brazilian food. It's the absolute best place to eat the very tradicional Picadinho with rice, corn flour, fries and vegetables. I recommend the Picadinho Luis Antônio, always on the menu. The dishes are big enough for two not-so-hungry people (and some for two very hungry adults) and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is good, specially in the outdoor tables and the mezanino. The waiters are old school and very attentive!The deserts are very good also, specially their chocolate cake with ice cream. It's open until late hours in the weekend.

Check Rio de Janeiro Hotel Deals