Botanica Homestay

Check Wellington Hotel Deals

Botanica Homestay Wellington Reviews

sim1 sim1
Comfortable first night in Wellington Apr 01, 2017
This was our first stop on our trip in New Zealand. Jet-lagged after the very long flight from Sweden it was a relief that this apartment was so close to the airport. It was only a few minutes’ drive to get here, which was perfect in this case!

Dead tired, the first thing I did was crash in one of the garden chairs to enjoy the last bit of the days’ sunshine.

The one thing that worried me before going here was the connection between the owners living quarter and our small apartment. The owner lives on the upper floor of the house and the apartment is downstairs. The two floors are connected by stairs, which doesn’t have a door in front of it, only a curtain. A strange set-up in my view, and I was worried that this would make me uncomfortable, but luckily in practice it didn’t bother me at all. The curtain was closed, the owner doesn’t use these stairs, and no noise from the upper level reached our living area.

The surrounding area, Miramar, is nice and quiet part of Wellington, just what I was after. The apartment was relatively spacious, with two bedrooms: 1 Queen (that you can see in the photo) and 1 King bedroom (I messed this one up with all my luggage, so I better not post a photo of that room, lol). There was also a little lounge with had a couch and a computer. The fridge, and if I remember correctly also the microwave, are located in this room. The French doors opening up to the little front garden were perfect; letting in the autumn warmth and sunshine, which we longed so much for after a long cold winter in Sweden.

It also had a nice conservatory with a small couch and a dining table. No full kitchen though! But there is a coffee maker and a toaster. Plates, cups and glasses are available, so you could warm up some food if you would like to. (microwave and fridge are in the adjescent lounge).

Okay, time to mention the downside of this place! And that are the stairs..... In total 41 of them going up the slope from the street to the front door! Phew, quite a few steps up and down if your dragging your luggage with you! But on the other hand, I guess all houses here are built in the same way, so something hard to avoid when you choose this type of accommodation. Parking is on the curb of a dead-end street which felt perfectly safe and is for free.

So the big question that remains if I would stay here again. Yes, I guess so! The owner was very friendly and helpful, the place is very cosy and comfortable and has just enough space. It was nice to be able to walk out into the garden, and the area of Miramar was perfect suited for me. The only thing missing for me was a full kitchen, so that would make me hesitate to stay here again. Otherwise I can warmly recommend.
The conservatory
The small lounge in the appartment
The second bedroom
View over Miramar from the house
cotton_foam says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Posted on: Apr 03, 2017
vicIII says:
Well done, Simone! Happy trails!:)
Posted on: Apr 02, 2017