Botanic Garden TU Delft

Poortlandplein 6, Delft, Netherlands

Botanic Garden TU Delft Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Botanic Garden TU Delft, Netherlands Aug 04, 2017
Somehow there is so many good places to visit in Delft within walking range of Delft Station. This was the start of a long wonderful day for this old man, so I took a bus from Delft Station.

Admission was only four euros ($5 USD) and the gardens are beautiful.

Not far into the garden was the very nice Thuja tree. (I have different Thujas planted in formation at my homestead. I also have planted three closely related Cupressus including Arizona Cypress, Leyland Cypress, and Blue Cypress trees in formations. My best planted conifers are less then three meters tall, no competition for this nice Garden.)

There was many nice interesting flowers, trees, and birds at the gardens.

The Botanic Garden had a large greenhouse full of nice plants. My favorite was the carnivorous plants then the cactus and succulents.

There was two nice homemade little bridges over the canal. Then I saw the neat "bamboo Observatory" that I thought would be hazardous for me to get to the top. Well, shure nuff the twisted bamboo was very sturdy and provided easy access to the top with a wonderful view. I stayed at the top for a while but ran out of hydro...so it was time for me to leave the Botanic Garden.

This was only the start of a wonderful walking day in Delft.

completed
walterman9999 says:
Thanks Paul
Posted on: Aug 14, 2017
Paulovic says:
Congrats on being featured today, Walter! Well deserved!
Posted on: Aug 11, 2017