TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,129 travelers just like you!

Boston_Babe
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug I

Name: Rebecca
Join Date: April 15, 2008
Contributions: Boston_Babe has written about 71 places, shared 916 photos, left 2,186 comments, and smiled 2,803 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
Iceland
dream destination
I would love to see this amazing landscape
Spain
dream destination
Another dream of mine is a Mediterranean cruise starting in Spain and ending in Turkey, visiting all the countries in between.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Muy poquito Espanol
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Buying a cart-load of groceries in a small Tuscan town and getting weird looks and giggles. Apparently Italians there seem to shop every day and buy small amounts of fresh food for just what they need that day. We looked like the stereotypical overindulgent Americans with a jam-packed shopping cart amongst everyone else carring a small basket with three or four items. I was like "this is for the whole week!"

-Waking up to the chiming campaniles in Italy;
-Wandering through Venice in the early morning;
-The floor-to-ceiling arched window view of the rolling
Tuscan hills in the bedroom of our villa;
-My first SmartCar sighting in 2001 (now they are here in the US);
-Driving a 6-speed Mercedes coupe on the autobahn!
-Seeing the ruins at Chichen Itza;
-The secluded beaches of Bermuda;
-Skinny-dipping in Aruba;
-Minding my own business at a bar in Aruba where apparently a huge Lebanese family was having a reunion. Two brothers pulled me onto the dance floor, put me in a chair and lifted me up in the air and the whole family danced all around me.
-Seeing Zion, Bryce, Glen and Grand Canyons for the first time. No landscapes can compare to these awe-inspiring sights!
-Flying into Bora Bora with it's incredible view!
Profile
The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine~

I grew up on Long Island, but I've been living in Massachustets since 2001 with my husband, Marc. LOVE to travel...We've been to Italy, Germany, Austria, England, Aruba, Bermuda, Mexico and various states in the US. I work for a Real Estate attorney part time...the other part of the time I indulge my ambitious side with modeling, trading stock, buying and selling on ebay and anything else that I find interesting at the time.
WaltJake says:

A week in paradise...British West Indies style
Overview 310 words 9 11 25
French Polynesia 2011
Oct 20, 2011 – Oct 24, 2011
Lived my dream of traveling to the South Pacific and staying in an over water bungalow. I visited Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora.…
Overview 1,800 words 53 37 203
Florida Escape
Jan 31, 2011 – Feb 03, 2011
Escaped 3+ feet of snow to 80 degree sunny southern Florida. Stayed in Naples and took a day trip to Sanibel and Captiva Islands
Overview 1,388 words 56 21 64

Boston_Babe's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
I am so glad we did this! Booked the 60 minute ride with my husband. There were 3 other couples …
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
I just returned from a stay at Villa del Mar with my husband and we really enjoyed it. The value…
This review was featured on Thursday October 11th, 2012
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Tahiti, French Polynesia
We stayed just one night at the InterContinental Resort Tahiti before we moved on to Moorea and …