Bordercrossing Serbia and Croatia too many times!

Lipovac, Croatia
Bordercrossing Serbia and Croatia too many times! - Leaving Serbia 19:12

Bordercrossing Serbia and Croatia too many times! Lipovac Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Too many stamps to be normal Aug 23, 2010
I managed to cross the border to Serbia one time too many. I had arrived from Macedonia early in the morning and went to Navi Sad in the afternoon. Coming from Navi Sad I thought I would make a shortcut and pass the border between Serbia and Croatia a couple of times, driving to along the river towards Backa Palanka. My GSP had no small roads in Serbia; I have yet again a reason to update, and this was the possible road I could make out from my Brandt travelguide.

I crossed the border from Serbia to Croatia just south of Backa Palanka and then went into Croatia on the other side of the river. Next goal was the city of Sid in Serbia where I should be able to get on to the motorway to Zagreb that was my goal for the night and according to my GPS I should be there at around 8.45 pm and thereby still be able to go out and eat.

I crossed in Serbia again at a very small border gate on a country road between some fields. The Croatian custom control was a gorgeous looking woman without a smile on her face; she took my passport and went inside to scan it but came back soon after and let me have it again. The Serbs were just looking quickly and handed me yet a stamp. The crazy thing was that it was my third border crossing in less than 45 minutes, but what could I do?

The crossings went all fine but I also got a huge number of stamps in my passport so when I was trying to pass the border again on the motorway crossing, I got pulled over for customs control. The border control guy looked at all my stamps and sent me over to the custom line.

Unfortunately a British car with a Serbian family was before me and they had loads of food with them in the car. Their search took more than 45 minutes before it was my turn.

I had to back up my car and open everything. Then carry all my stuff out of the car and put it on some benches so they could go through them. They were two guys in blue combat uniforms armed up over their shoulders and had difficulties in smiling; it was first when they found my golf balls and golf shoes that they introduced a small smile with a comment; Golf! I confirmed and they searched on.

After 15 minutes they were finished; they had been in doors under seats and at the spare wheel too. They asked me what I was doing and then they let me go. The ordeal had taken me around 1 hour; I would be too late for having dinner in Zagreb.
Leaving Serbia 18:27
Crossing the river
Entering Croatia 18:30
Entering Serbia again 18:42
Chokk says:
Well - I can always eat!
Posted on: Sep 01, 2010
davidx says:
I hope you are not still hungry!
Posted on: Sep 01, 2010
sarahsan says:
You seem to be good at finding problems Christian! I guess it keeps some people working! hi-hi. Sorry about your missed dinner!
Posted on: Aug 31, 2010