Border control between Croatia and Slovenia

Border control between Croatia and Slovenia - The Croatian side of the border

Border control between Croatia and Slovenia Obrezje Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Buy a vinette for Slovenia Aug 24, 2010
The road in Croatia towards the Slovenian border is quite nice if you follow the main motorway from Zagreb; before you know if you are at the border control.

The Croatian side went pretty well and fast but when I was entering Slovenia everything blocked. I was hanging there for more than 30 minutes moving very slowly. I guess that I had only 8-10 cars in front of me but still everything was a still stand.

When it finally became my turn it took less than 2 seconds with my Danish passport. Just after the passport control a young woman stopped me and said that I had to go to the right and buy a vignette in a small container house next to the border control.

Beware to buy this vignette because if you get stopped without it afterwards by the police you get heavily penalized; just ask our friend Tirso who missed that he should buy one.
The Croatian side of the border
The Croatian side of the border
The Slovenian side of the Border
The Slovenian side of the Border
Chokk says:
I will remember it as a part of my standard answers about Slovenia from now on - I guess you will too:)
Posted on: Sep 02, 2010
tirsomaldonado says:
yeah... even worst when nobody warns you! I had no idea I had to pay this tax...
Posted on: Sep 02, 2010
Chokk says:
I still find the fine of 150 euro pretty steep!!
Posted on: Sep 01, 2010

Compare Catez ob Savi Hotel Rates (5.6km away)

Obrezje Map