Boracay, Philippines

Boracay Reviews

yelrish yelrish
Boracay an Island Paradise Mar 18, 2011
Boracay one of the best beach in the world.It has been a famous tourist destination for all the traveler especialy the Backpacker. With his captivating beauty and being in Island Paradise.You will enjoy staying not only for a week but for a long time

White beach is the main tourism beach for everybody. It's easy to find different resorts, hotels, lodging houses, restaurants, and other tourism-related businesses. A good place to chill out while staying under sun. You can even walk without slipper and you will never feel uncomfortable. I think that is the secret if you found an awesome island paradise. Not only that, you can also do some activities around the island like ATV ride, Parasailing, Island hopping,snorkeling and many more.

The Nightlife in boracay is really alive every corner you will see bars,restaurant or enjoying the buffet at the shore for only 250 pesos. If you want to party until morning Boracay will give you the best place to enjoy it.
wanderinggoddess wanderin…
Boracay in the Rain May 04, 2009
Have you tried going to the beach while a typhoon is raging? Well I did over the weekend.

I flew with some friends to Iloilo and took a rainy, slow, and gruelling 5-hour road trip to Boracay. This was the first time that I went to Bora via Iloilo and I tell you, I am not repeating it ever. The best way to go to Bora is through Caticlan directly. Kalibo is second if you cannot get a direct trip. But never ever am I gonna go there again via Iloilo. The trip via bus took us more almost 7 hours because of the rain which the Weather Bureau did not predict. Anyway, it was consolation that Iloilo cuisine is just amazing. The La PAz BAtchoy was comforting in the rain. The chicken inasal never failed us. To top a meal, the butterscotch was just fab.

Anyway, what is amazing about Boracay is that no matter what the weather is, it never fails to calm the weary traveller with the white powdery sand and cool breezy walk by the shore. For party animals, the island is never at a loss on how to entertain. Bars, whether for the well-heeled or the bohemian dressed downs, line up the shore of White Beach.

During our stay there, a lot of parties were keeping the islanders and tourists busy. The pouring rain brought by the tropical depression that usually visits around August came in early this year. Nevertheless, it was a sight to see...the girls in skimpy bikinis dancing to Craig David's "Insomnia" under the rain. Manila's fashionable and hip models were all over Juice Bar at station 2. The guys lost no time in whipping the shirts off their well-worked out bodies. Actually, after a bit, it was pretty boring looking at these gym products.

I wanted the island to myself! I wanted my Bora back. So I left the parties alone for the succeeding nights and just doodled by the shore with a beer in hand and listened to the lapping of the waves. After a little bit, it would drizzle adding to the coolness of the night air.

I also did some island hopping aboard a banca. Of course, I was not that brave to venture out into sea with the raging winds so I waited for the sea to calm and for the sun to come out. It was ok although I missed Puka Beach this time because the waves were kinda active that side of the island.

All in all, it was a fairly good trip although I missed the sun most of my stay. I'm planning my next trip come October. Care to meet up?
with a coconut by the bora shore
the water was not its blue self on…
chillin by the shore
i missed the sun this time
nayaana nayaana
boracay Feb 21, 2009
Boracay has nice whitesand beach, emerald sea~,cheap beer,club,liveband but little expensive~
in boracay 18,feb
Mar 26, 2007
After being here at Boracay ive experienced alot of what the island have to offer.. It is a nice island with some very nice beaces, but at least on white beach there is just to many people. Its almost like its getting crowded.. My tip is to go to annother beach if you want your privacy. The other beaces is not so white ,but the scenery makes up for that (who wants to watch all the bars and hotels at white beach?)

Vendors trying to sell you sunglasses , fake watches and pearls will ask you and its not uncommond to be asked five or six times if you walk from the bar to the hotel.. Just walk past them and dont say a word seems to work.Nightlife.. Well.. im very disapointed! I walked home from drinking in the hotel with some other people around 2AM and all the bars where closed! At home all the bars are packed untill 3.30 og 4PM! If you want a good experience go to Coco-mangas.. I where invited by some locals to come there and its nice to get away from all the tourist who just want to lie on the beach and get a sun tan to some locals.. Be aware of barfights here and just behave nicely!

Renting a bike is P100-150 an hour. Its better to rent a tricycle and ask him to take you where you want to go.. Dont know the fee he wants for a couple of hours but it must be better than riding a bike , even tough you can keep up with the traffic in the city on the bike beacause of the congestion. There is also a traffic problem at boracay , riding a bike in the main street is anything but healthy

Places to see.. White beach off course , but the lookout point over the entire island is also a very nice place to see, but you dont come to boracay to see landscapes and see anything other than beaces. There is also a huge number of watersports you can try for a resonable fee.

Location: If you want peace and quiet at night any budget choices around Boat Station 3 is perfect.. 3budget choices lie very close: Orchids resors , dave's straw hat inn and Casa camillla. This is out of the party area so you have to walk pretty far to get to the discos. There are bars everywhere so you will never go thirsty if you have enough money.

So.. it IS nice here, and this should be a stop for all the people who visit philippines,but dont expect to much.

Related Travel Blogs About Boracay

Slamming Hen and Windy Boracay
I had always been wanting to experience Ati-atihan festival in Kalibo. This happens every third Sunday of January in honor of Sto Nino. Sounds religious? Nah!I booked a flight from Manila to Roxas Ci…Boracay before partying with the Aklanons for their annual festival. I haven't not been to Boracay for about…
My Boracay Trip
I'm back from my boracay escapade and it was amazing it always feels like it's my first time and its always hard leaving the island it always took me a few days to move on. arrrrgggggghhh i wanna go …boracay will be able to preserve the island and for everyone to experienced it forever. My Boracay Recommendation…

Check Boracay Hotel Deals