Boracay, Philippines

Boracay, Philippines

Boracay, Philippines Reviews

wanderinggoddess wanderin…
Love Affair with Boracay Apr 10, 2009
I have been coming and going out of Boracay for the past seven years. It has been an ongoing love affair which I have nurtured since the first time I set my eyes on its white powdery sand, voted to be one of the best in the world. The water is blue, reflecting the sky on any bright sunny day. It is divine just to sit by the sea and listen to the lapping of the waves and forget the worries of urban living even just for a bit.

Most of all, Boracay knows how to party. The nightlife is one you have to see and experience. It is said that nobody sleeps on the island.

This year, I am coming back...and I am sure BOracay will welcome me again into its hypnotic embrace.
a view of the grotto at Boracay
any given day...i'll come back to …
as clear as day, the water invites
an ice cold one...great company
KeikoCreative says:
Oh that is nice:)
wanderinggoddess says:
hey jaschild, best time to go is march to june because it is summer time and the sea is calm. also the best time to dive and check out the coral reefs.
wanderinggoddess says:
thanks everyone!
rintjez rintjez
Oct 15, 2007
Boracay is a small island located in South Manila, Philippines. It’s a very famous tourist destination. Its sandy beach and underwater world are stunning! My best friend and I flew from Manila to Kalibo and took a bus to go to Caticlan. It took us 2 hours to reach Caticlan, but the bus ride was fun and the view was amazing. You could see the ocean on one side and the rice fields on the other side. After we arrived in Caticlan, someone from 3-5-7 Boracay Resort picked us up and helped loading our bags to the boat. Another 20 minutes to reach the destination and finally we were on White Beach of Boracay!

SNORKELING

Our first stop to snorkel was Crocodile Island. It was so pretty and the fishes were very friendly. Despite of the strong current, we were so happy being in the water! We found NEMO, Lobster, soft corals and we fed different kind of fishes!

The next stop was Crystal Cove. We had to hike and walked down through a steep stairs also crawled through a tunnel to be able to snorkel there. Worth doing because the water was as clear as crystal and warm and no current! So, my friend and I jumped into the water and started to explore the underwater view. It was great until I saw a SEA SNAKE!! I was scared to death and started swimming away and left my friend alone and freaked out coz I didn't tell him what scared me of..so he thought it was SHARK :P Both of us almost got heart attack! :D

DIVING

There are many dive shops on the island but we decide to dive with Calypso Diving Resort. I went to Balihay wall with Jade, the dive guide and Masa, a Japanese guy. It was a good dive. I saw a baby stingray, lion fishes and pigmy horse and sea snake! (not again...:D In the afternoon I dove at Fridays Rock and it was awesome! We dove with school of bat fishes around us, I got to see different nudibranchs, 3 kinds of puffers and a FROG FISH!

SUNSET - SAIL BOAT

This is the activity that we enjoyed the most while we were there. We enjoyed the sunset on a sailboat that brought us around Boracay Island. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

NIGHT LIVE

Boracay is so alive at night! There are so many choices of food and places to eat on the beach and you could enjoyed live music too! Buffet is very cheap, mostly cost less than Php300. But our favorite place at night is D Mall Boracay. Nice place to hang out and sightseeing. Oh, we tried Wall Climbing and it was cool! We also ate at the Hobbit House, pretty unique experience.

What are you waiting for? It’s a neat place to visit!
Bennybuddy says:
i has been boracay, the white beach is very nice, i miss there~~
Posted on: Apr 14, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Boracay, Philippines

Boracay Island, Philippines
If you want to experience  sun, sand and sea at its best, then Boracay is the perfect get-away island that would make your endless hours seems limited.  The island noted for its white fin… If you want to experience  sun, sand and sea at its best, then Boracay is the perfect get…
Boracay in December
I arrived in Manila airport in the afternoon from Tokyo. After getting through customs I got a ride to Angeles City where I stayed at the Wild Orchid Resot for a few days. The hotel has a nice pool a…Philippines talks about when it comes to beaches is Boracay. It is the premier destination for beach lovers in the Philippines
boracay island - its vastness
the Philippines being an archipelago located just above the equator, one will definitely expect that it has the best islands. i believe, exploring intricately each of the 7,107islands will require…Boracay’s white beach different from the other beautiful beaches in the Philippines is its long and wide stretch…

Check Boracay Hotel Deals