Boots & Kimo

131 Hekili St., Kailua, HI, USA
263-7929
Boots & Kimo - Pancakes covered in Boots & Kimo's Original Macadamia Nut Pancake Sauce...absolutely YUMMY!
Boots & Kimo - Homestyle Onolicious Breakfast
Boots & Kimo - Maui Original Portuguese Sausage Omelette with Haleakala Swiss Cheese oozing in melted goodness!
Boots & Kimo - Boots & Kimo's Homestyle Kitchen
Boots & Kimo - Part of the menu

Boots & Kimo Kailua Reviews

TRE69 TRE69
Stop Me Now Before I Lick the Plate Clean! May 03, 2008
Boots & Kimo's is a hole in the wall kinda place in the town of Kailua on the windward side of the island of Oahu. After my early morning hike, I was in need of serious grindz!

Boots & Kimo's is a SMALL joint. When you get there you go inside get a menu and make seat reservation with the cashier. Then you hang out outside on the sidewalk waiting. While waiting you must pick what you want to order cuz a few minutes later, the waiter will come outside and take your order...BUT NOT seat you. You get seated just minutes before your food is served. The restaurant interiors, an homage to football, clashes somewhat with the cuisine but I was just there for the food!

I ordered the Maui Original Portuguese Sausage Omelette with Haleakala Swiss Cheese, Mar ordered the Homestyle Onolicious Breakfast with Portuguese Sausage and Fried Rice, and we shared a shortstack order of their Pancakes covered in their famous Original Macadamia Nut Pancake Sauce.

My omelette was yummy with oozing melted cheese and salty sausage. What would local grindz be without white rice on the side?!? But the pancakes were calling my name. OMFG...the sauce!!! The pancakes were light and fluffy...but the sauce was heavenly and sinful all at once. The sauce wasn't super sweet like your typical syrups...it was like a creme anglaise with a sprinkling of toasted macadamia nuts. It was so delicious I was tempted to pick up the plate and lick it clean...but that would have been HUGELY embarrassing...so I restrained myself!

With breakfast this fabulous, Boots & Kimo's Homestyle Kitchen gets PACKED with many more waiting outside...but the food...no scratch that...the Macadamia Nut Pancake Sauce was well worth the wait. Parking is found along the street so be sure to carry change for the meters.

I am so back here in October for the sauce...the pancakes are a bonus!
Maui Original Portuguese Sausage O…
Homestyle Onolicious Breakfast
Maui Original Portuguese Sausage O…
dcju says:
Ive had pancakes from Romania to California... I love my cakes and you better be damn sure Im going to make a stop here when I visit the island in 2 weeks. I will post how it turns out later.
Posted on: Jun 24, 2013
grammawashington says:
Your photos are perfect. The pancake covered in the mac sauce took us right back there. Got to experience this WONDERFUL little hole in the way place that EVERYONE should visit at least once in their lives for the pancake experience
Posted on: Jan 17, 2009