Boomerang Restaurant and German Bakery

Lakeside Pokhara, Pokhara, Nepal - Tel.: 061-462978, 461412, 463474

Boomerang Restaurant and German Bakery Pokhara Reviews

sweettangerine sweettan…
scenic location by the lake Jul 25, 2010
While checking out the banks of the Pewa lake we stumbled upon Boomerang’s and the German bakery from their back yard.

This huge tropical garden seemed like a great place to relax, with various patios and shady little corners to have lunch or dinner.

Arriving here in the afternoon, already quite a bit past lunch time, the garden was really quiet and there were plenty of vacant tables… though all grease stained and even down right dirty. At a larger patio closer to the main restaurant and kitchen, we found a bit cleaner table but here the menu card was really filthy. After a bit of a debate whether to stay or go, we staid (as we were starving) and did not regret it!

The menu had a good selection of Nepali, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Mexican and many other cuisines. I ordered pizza and my TB pasta. Even though service was poor and took quite a while, the food was delicious! It was one of the better places I have eaten during this trip. My veggie pizza was deliciously crispy with plenty of fresh greens.

The price is on the high side for Nepali standards, but the food was worth it.

I did not check out the restaurant’s interior so I can only talk about the garden and the food.

Later in the afternoon we bought a few Danish pastries from the shop window of the Germany Bakery. These were delicious too and tasted almost like at home!
Kathmandu1 says:
Relaxing place and some cultural dance and singing program also here. Mr. Bhattrai running this place from last 20 years.
Posted on: Sep 17, 2010