Boomerang Hostel

Check Antwerp Hotel Deals

Boomerang Hostel Antwerp Reviews

missbluezeus missblue…
Not a great time. Mar 26, 2011
A bed for the night would be the best way to describe this one. Likely the worst hostel I´ve stayed in. If you have athma or are at all sensitive to smells, do not stay here. The common area is consistently smokey and dim. And the bathrooms on the second floor smell bad enough that you can smell them walking up the stairs.

There is free wifi and a kitchen. I was too nervous that I would burn the building down to actually cook anything with the stove though.

There are no lockers in the rooms but there is a room that you can get the staff too lock stuff up in.

Nothing is quite clean becasue the staff consists of younger people who are travelling and working there so they have a place to stay and get some money so they don´t actually care at all. The owner isn´t really any more helpful. Their advertisment states they are the cheapest beds in Antwerp. Mostly becasue that is the only thing going for them. Maybe I just went at a bad time, but my experiance was terrible. I would not go back. I actually left early.
nlitwer nlitwer
Terrible Mar 29, 2011
Overall this Hostel is okay for a night or two, but I have gotta say that there is some pretty shady stuff that goes on at this hostel...
annie123456 says:
I just went there. I know these comments were written 5 years ago, but I had a HORRIBLE experience at this hostel and I am glad someone thinks the way I do. I came into the common area when checking in and the owner gave me such a hateful look. I could sense she was not right in the head. But I had to stay 1 night due to money problems. I am actually from Belgium and the owner was nasty and mean to me, lying etc...before even checking me in she said I could not stay because she doesn't accept Belgians, which is not true. She was just very hateful and defensive and wanted to get rid of me, I don't know why. She seemed crazy. I could feel this was not a sane person. There was a bad vibe and I just retreated into my room. I explained the next morning that it's not fair to refuse me because I hadn't done anything wrong, so I asked her what her problem was with me. I found her very greedy and uncompassionate and not at all open to my problem of looking for a place to stay a few nights. This woman EXPLODED on me. Schizophrenic is the right word exactly. She started yelling at me to get out, that it was HER house and I had no right to talk to her like that, just very abusive. Then she wanted to attack me and shove me down the stairs, I was shocked and panicking and was in a bad state for a week, even now after 2 weeks I am still distressed, I thought she was going to kill me then and there. She threatened me with police, very abusive language and I had done nothing wrong. There was a bad vibe, like shady stuff going on there. Maybe drugs or illegal immigrants hidden there. Seemed like a homeless shelter for illegal aliens. There were 2 Nigerian women in my room who seemed cozy with her and were there already a week, and they were going back and forth between London and Belgium and Germany and NOT tourists. Talking about work permits, strange vibe.
Posted on: Sep 18, 2016
nlitwer says:
Bottom line. Nothing bad will happen to you if you stay here as a guest for a night or two. I worked there, therefore I have a more intimate knowledge and widened perspective of the place. The owner flips out at guests periodically. Once yelling, shoving, and finally kicking out 4 indian guests for lighting a small religious candle in their room. Justifiable? Perhaps... But also the place is often dirty and dingy. Although it has the best prices in Antwerp, the owner is a money-driven, selfish, schizophrenic.
What I consider terrible business practice is that he does not treat his employees fairly. Many of the financial agreements he made with the guys working for him he either reduced or refused to pay.
Lastly, his record keeping is terrible. I worked there for only 6 weeks and I witnessed at least three occasions where he got into a fight with customers about whether they had paid already or not, and what the arguments came down to was based on memory and not written records...
Posted on: Apr 27, 2011
TheTravelApprentice says:
Can you elaborate on what's going on here? I'm curious and i think people should know why they should avoid this place if in fact it's as shady as you claim.
Posted on: Apr 26, 2011