Boom (the restaurant)

+1 212-431-3663

Boom (the restaurant) New York Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Italian in a South American environment Apr 04, 2010
I had been out shopping in the Soho area, and suddenly a sign in front of a restaurant stated that there was happy hour in the bar. I just wanted a beer so the sign made my afternoon.

The place was inspiring South American with loungy Latin sound coming out of the speakers even though it was stated that it was an Italian restaurant.

The place was filled with dark worn down furniture and everything was kept in the same way except the fact that it was like a woman was living there; with small flowers and decorations all over. I really felt great there.

I had a great stay and enjoyed my short stay there that actually lasted longer than anticipated because I decided to eat there as well. I got a table in the back of the restaurant and it was nice and cozy.

I looked at the menu and quickly decided for a scrimp salad and some lamb chops in garlic and green sauce. They had a huge wine list so I choose a nice Italian D’Asti from 2005.

The shrimp salad was on the regular side but I really enjoyed the lamb chops. It was a great meal all accounted and Boom had been a pleasant place.
The shrimp salad