Boom (the bar)

152 Spring Street, New York, NY, USA
+1 212-431-3663
Boom (the bar) - The bar
Boom (the bar) - The barmaid and the guy who broke up with his girlfriend and lost his credit card!
Boom (the bar) - The Sangria - I did not taste it!
Boom (the bar) - The Samuel Adams
Boom (the bar) - Along the bar
Boom (the bar) - A Brooklyn Lager

Boom (the bar) New York Reviews

Chokk Chokk
"Here you go darling!" Apr 04, 2010
I had been out shopping in the Soho area, and I really felt that my feet needed a break; almost more than my credit card.

I walked in to one of the minor side street from Broadway heading towards East and after passing loads of cloths shops there was suddenly a sign in front of a restaurant stating that there was happy hour in the bar. I just wanted a bar so the sign made my afternoon.

The place was inspiring South American with loungy Latin sound coming out of the speakers. It was supposed to be Italian but it was far from that in the interior. The place was filled with dark worn down furniture and everything was kept in the same way except the fact that it was like a woman was living there; with small flowers and decorations all over. I really felt great there.

Behinds the bar was standing a super fresh tough woman that probably had seen more in her short life than I had in all my years. She spoke as well Spanish as English and she kept herself up with strawberry Mojito’s, which I never had tasted. She was dark haired and brown like the result of 3 months in the Caribbean’s; on the hand she could have been a Cuban love child. My guess was that she was totally local.

She was straight up positive with everybody and that forwardness was something Danish girls could learn from. After a beer or two I had seen how she was in to the customers in her own professional way that loads of people could learn from. She commented everything in a positive way and left it there. When I had my third beer a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale she said; "Here you go darling!" Guess who was smiling?

I had a great stay and enjoyed my short stay there that actually lasted longer than anticipated.
The bar
The Samuel Adams
A Brooklyn Lager
The Sangria - I did not taste it!

Check New York Hotel Deals