Boom Chicago

Leidseplein, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Boom Chicago Amsterdam Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Oct 26, 2007
Boom Chicago use a combination of improv and scripted comedy, along with video sketches set in Amsterdam. The night I went was the Wild West show, which was largely set around taking the mickey out of Americans (this is OK, because the cast are American too!). The performance was entirely in English, and you won't get all the jokes in this particular show unless you have a rough idea how the Americans feel about Canada!

The Leidseplein theatre is a good venue. The acoustics were good, and the balcony seats - for those of us not having dinner - are racked steeply enough where your view is totally uninterrupted. If you do have dinner, there are tables on the main floor. Dinner looked very nice, but I didn't have a look at the menus.

The comedy was very good, and I enjoyed the night hugely. The pacing was good, and the audience participation didn't embarrass anyone except when they finally lost their temper with the obnoxious drunk boys in the audience, who frankly deserved everything they got. I don't know how good value it was - this is the first time in a long time that I've paid full price for comedy and not got away with student prices at the Pleasance in Edinburgh - but it seemed like good value to me (about 20€). The staff were all very friendly.
jennethm says:
I went out with Sarahelaine to Boom Chicago (I came late though) and I agree to her review 100%, it was definitely a money well spent.
Posted on: Oct 29, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Boom Chicago

First impressions to last a lifetime
I arrived in Maastricht on the 20th August, just in time for a wonderful Dutch tradition called INKOM! It is similar to our Australian O-week... if you could imagine our clubs being let loose to do w…Boom Chicago which is based in Amsterdam; they were funny at times but I’ve seen them once before…

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals