Bookworks Cafe

(412) 767-0344

Bookworks Cafe Glenshaw Reviews

kayguarnay kayguarn…
A restaurant for the bookworm Sep 10, 2009
I didn't eat a full meal here, but must recommend their bar tender. After a long day at work I found myself pulling up at this quirky cafe. At first I thought it was a bookshop, but it turned out to be more of a restaurant (as you'll see by the pictures).

I didn't feel up for a dinner yet, so I asked the first person when I walked in if she would recommend their house wine (I didn't find a list). A young gentleman walked up at that time and said, "actually, no". The waitress that I had asked smiled and said: "well, he would know better...he's the bartender."

So I proceeded to give him the liberty of picking a nice dry red wine for me, and settled with a glass of Argentinian wine (I should've taken a picture of it), as I liked it very much.

I am certain that the rest of the menu is also worthy of tasting, as while I sat by the fireplace and read I found the flavours emanating from the kitchen were absolutely irresistible! At first I moved to the other side of the cafe, and then I simply needed to go home. I will definitely return here in good company to try something from their fine menu.

It's an interesting mixture of bookshelves and home cooking.
The humble sign

Compare Harmarville Hotel Rates (10.1km away)

Bookworks Cafe Map