Books To Read While In England

England, United Kingdom
Books To Read While In England - Me trying to go to Hogwarts via Platform 9 and 3/4!!
Books To Read While In England - All of us at Canterbury Cathedral!
Books To Read While In England - The Undomestic Goddess
Books To Read While In England - Pride and Prejudice

Books To Read While In England Reviews

krisz2205 krisz2205
Books To Read While In England Jan 26, 2010
I am an avid reader who enjoys nothing more then curling up at night with a good book. I especially love to read while I travel. I decided to compile a list of some of my favorite books that I feel are magical to read while actually visitng the country that they are set in! I'll add more as I think of them and if you have any recommendations, let me know!

England:

1. Notes From A Small Island by Bill Bryson

- a humorous book about the experiences that Bryson has as he travels around his native land of Great Britian before moving to the United States. It's a very charming and witty book.

2. The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer

- Canterbury Cathedral became a famous pilgrimage site in England after St. Thomas Becket was murdered there. Chaucer wrote these stories in the late 1300s. The stories are written in the point of view of the pilgrims as they travel from Southwark to Canterbury

Cathedral.

3. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

- A tale of a young wizard who must defeat the evil He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. It's set in London as well as in a mythical place called Hogwarts!

4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

- A charming story of a family living in the late 18th century in England. Austen's novel deals with the themes of class, reputation, and love.

5. The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella

- A lighthearted girly book about a high powered attorney living in London whose chances of making partner just became obsolete after a huge mistake was made. She ends up running away to the middle of nowhere and gets mistaken for a maid. She decides to play the part! It's a cute romantic comedy!
All of us at Canterbury Cathedral!
Me trying to go to Hogwarts via Pl…
Pride and Prejudice
sylviandavid says:
nice set of books.... Thanks. sylvia
Posted on: Jan 29, 2010