Bookit.Com

United States

Bookit.Com Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
This online booking website is horrible!! Please don't use it EVER! Feb 13, 2010
I want to warn all my Travel Buddies to never use this fraudulent website! I wish I would have read reviews about it in advance. Time was passing by and I still hadn’t booked my hotel nights for New Orleans. I checked on hotwire one week before my trip and I noticed that there were only a few rooms left in the hotels near the airport.

Very naively, I still thought I had the chance of getting something closer to the French Quarter, and I went to “Bookit.com” to see what they had. They offered a room in Clarion Inn, a hotel in Gretna, not far from New Orleans downtown. So I booked it, got a confirmation number and they CHARGED my bank account.

I was totally confident that everything was good, but when we arrived to the hotel, I freaked out when the hotel personnel said there was no reservation under my name! I printed out my confirmation page and my bank account statement, but they said the problem was bookit.com and not them. Bookit never booked the place!! The hotel staff also said they had problems with this website before.

I tried to call and the answering machine stated that they were “experiencing an abnormally large number of calls” and therefore it would take long before someone would answer the phone. What??

Once back in Ruston, I started reading reviews about it and there are A LOT of complains of the same sort about it.

So, please beware and please don’t ever use this horrible booking website! I will fight to get my money back, but I am sure it will be painful in terms of waiting on the phone and faxing and emailing and stuff. Please share this information with your friends and TBs and make sure nobody ever uses this website again!
montecarlostar says:
Thanks so much for the advise Aganetha! I will definitively do that! I had no idea I could do something like that.
montecarlostar says:
No, haha it's "you're welcome!" Sorry for the slang... :P and YW for you too Bernard!
sylviandavid says:
Hi... what is YW You Wrock?....
United States Map