Booking Lionair from Overseas

Makassar, Indonesia

Booking Lionair from Overseas Makassar Reviews

alexchan alexchan
An alternative to Garuda Oct 17, 2009
I needed a flight from Manado down to Ujung Pandang (Makassar) and the only two airlines were Garuda and Lionair.

After numerous attempts with Garuda, I tried Lionair. It wasn’t plain sailing with the payment.

The payment process with my New Zealand credit card worked fine through the Verified-by-Visa (VBV) step but failed during the actual authorisation. My bank says they received the VBV request and the correct password was entered, but the actual authorisation was never received.

Eventually I used my Malaysian credit card and it worked like a dream first time ... including the VBV.

One thing to note with Lionair is that their pricing is maintained at a full-fare level until a couple of months before departure. Quite the opposite from other airlines. From that point fares are very nicely discounted and you just have grab what’s available.

Onboard, the seating has very very little legroom. The very new aircraft we used was a Boieng 737-900ER but it was rather noisy and the noise was also at an irritating pitch. This wouldn’t be the airline’s fault ... apart from choosing to buy a noisy aircraft type!

You have to buy your own snacks and drinks and the range is limited ... not a problem for a short flight.

Overall advice ... don’t book too early and expect some payment problems!

Check Makassar Hotel Deals