Bonnie Springs Ranch

www.bonniesprings.com - (702) 875-4191

Bonnie Springs Ranch Blue Diamond Reviews

mslellen mslellen
A little oasis in the desert Oct 28, 2010
Doug and I were just wandering outside of Las Vegas. We had just left Red Rock and heading south on 159 looking for a place to have lunch. At first we drove past this place because we assumed it was only someone's ranch. We continued on to the nearest town, Blue Diamond but there really wasn't anything there so decided to turn around and head back to north Vegas. As we passed this place again we noticed cars stopped in the road and donkeys at the cars. Of course I insisted that Doug stop so I could see the donkeys!

At this time we noticed there was a restaurant here so we went for a little ride onto the ranch. What a great little find. Although clearly designed to entertain families with children with a train and a petting zoo, Doug and I still enjoyed walking around the facility. There's a large cement pond with fish, turtles, swans and ducks and surrounded by trees for a cool place to relax. ALso on site is a bar and restaurant which serves descent food at reasonable prices.

The best part of the ranch were the bathrooms. The doors are decorated with men's or women's old fashioned under clothes, and each of the ladies stalls has a corset hanging on it. I couldn't go in the mens room but when Doug came out he laughed that the urinal was actually an old bathtub. Of course, I insisted that Doug go back in and take pictures which embarrassed him. He was pretty adamant that men do not go into the toilet with cameras and take pictures. He was a grudgingly good sport about it though and after he was confident no one was inside he did take a a few pictures for me.

The bar area of the restaurant was also pretty interesting. Besides having lots of old west memorabilia hanging there is also literally hundreds and hundreds of dollar bills (and some foreign currency) hanging from the rafters. The bartender told us that periodically they take them all down and the money is donated to charity, and then the entire process starts over again. That was pretty cool!

I would definitely recommend visiting Bonnie Springs Ranch if you're in the area, especially if you have children with you. There's a haunted house and children's train ride in addition to the petting zoo. You can also ride horses and I'm sure find lots to fill an afternoon. And for the adults, a tall cool beer to quench your thirst.

Check Blue Diamond Hotel Deals