Bon Bibimbap

Bon Bibimbap - Bon Bibimbap

Bon Bibimbap Seoul Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
A chance to try Bibimbap Feb 02, 2010
I was leaving South Korea and had not yet tried their typical dish call the Bibimpap. Bibimbap is a mixture of rice, vegetables and beef or chicken or seafood with an egg on top. It comes with a red-chilli paste and a sprout soup. Since I had a lot of time to kill, I was walking around the airport after I had checked in my baggage. On arrival level, next to exit E I found the Bon Bibimbap.

As you enter the restaurant you place your order at the cashier and pay. You then get a number. On the wall you can watch a board and see when your order is ready. Ordering was easy since they have a picture of each dish on a big board.

I found a table and waited for my Bibimbap. I thought this would be a good place to try it since there were only Koreans in the restaurant. I saw my number on the wall and went to pick up the meal. As I sat down I felt a lot of eyes on me. I bet they were checking out if I did it the right way. I later learned that I did not. You are supposed to thoroughly mix it all together with a spoon before digging in. I ate it separately. Instead of staring at me, couldn´t they have pointed me in the right direction?

When you are finished, you take your tray an place it in one of the selfs by the entrance. Can´t say that neither the meal nor the restaurant were a great experience.

After going through security and immigration I found several restaurants in the departure lounge which served Bibimbap and they all looked much nicer. If you´re in the Incheon airport and want to try Bibimbap wait until you are in the departure lounge.
My seafood bibimbap