Bombay Spice

1303 Prince Rogers Ave, Bridgewater, USA - 908 575-8060

Bombay Spice Bridgewater Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Eh... Dec 27, 2009
I had mix feelings about this place.. I really wanted it to be spectacular, especially after reading many positive reviews from other restaurant patrons.

I enjoyed the atmosphere, it was small and intimate, though possibly a little tightly packed with tables. It wasn't too hard to find from Rt 206. And the staff were very friendly.

The food was okay.. I went for the buffet which was also kinda small in its selection. The veggie pakora was delicious and the Sambar soup was tasty. But I thought the rice tasted more like funky minute rice than basmati rice..

For the same price I could have eaten at a typically more expensive Indian restaurant with a more extensive buffet...

The restaurant was located in a shopping center on Prince Rogers Ave off of Commons Way. There is an exit for Commons Way from Rt 206.
Its a tiny tiny place tucked away …
esterrene says:
I agree that there are def some BAD buffets out there, but an all fairness I have been to a few swank Indian restaurants that offer a lunch buffet and the quality is just as good as if you ordered from the menu. I think it depends on the place and the quality of management.

Posted on: Feb 12, 2010
Vikram says:
Tip for you for the future - when going to an Indian rsnt in the US, pls don't go for the buffet. As an indian, I'll tell you that's the worst. And also usually unrepresentative of the rsnt's real food/service. I'm not saying this rsnt is any good or bad because I've never been there, but buffets are usually awful - for example, the sambar which is supposed to be lentil AND veg usually lacks or has v few veg in the buffet, the palak paneer (cottage cheese cubes in spinach sauce/curry) has very little cottage cheese, etc etc.... the desserts also are quite bad - the ice cream would've melted in the fruit custard and will look more like a smoothie, etc.
Posted on: Dec 27, 2009