Bollywood Bistro

3955 Chain Bridge Road #101, Fairfax, VA, USA

Bollywood Bistro Fairfax Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
A Cinematic Survey of Indian Cuisine Feb 05, 2012
Bollywood Bistro in Old Town Fairfax, Virginia, specializes in, as one might suspect, Indian cuisine. We came here for Sunday lunch on Susan's recommendation. Not that I had to be convinced!

Bollywood Bistro has a casually elegant ambiance. It's not a place where you will see Bollywood films playing on TV screens! Rather, it celebrates the genre with enlarged stills from Bollywood productions.

The food? A lunch buffet is offered daily (11:30-2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 12:00-3:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday). The buffet seems to be representative of Indian cooking from North to South, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Selections I made included Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, Fish Curry, Yellow Dal, Vegetable Korma, Palak Paneer, and Basmati Rice. There is also a tossed salad with a yogurt based dressing.

Everything was enjoyable! My favorite was the Chicken Tikka Masala and least favorite the Fish Curry. (The fish was bland.) Not to worry, the spice level is kept low here. A great surprise were the vegetarian dishes. The Vegetable Korma combinations were delicious and the Palak Paneer (spinach) a real surprise. A basket of Nan for the table is provided.

Bombay Bistro is also open daily for dinner, with a dinner menu.

Definitely recommended!
Bollywood Bistro
My lunch buffet selections at Boll…
iramalama says:
Palak Paneer is my absolute favorite. I finally learned to make it (even the 'cheese') a few months ago. Eh...I still prefer eating it at restaurants though!
Posted on: Feb 16, 2012
missandrea81 says:
Sounds great! I love Indian food.
Posted on: Feb 05, 2012