Bolivan Mountains

La Paz, Bolivia

Bolivan Mountains La Paz Reviews

swcarcayu swcarcayu
Great mountaineering guides Jul 26, 2008
I recently used Bolivian Mountains climbing guides to hit some peaks in the Cordillera Real de los Andes. They are more expensive than other moutaineering guide companies, but you do get what you pay for. You get expert guides, decent equipment and they have your safety in mind. I recommend joining a group not only for cost reasons but because you are constantly together it can get real cozy real fast. Its better than speed dating. The older California girl I met was added bonus. I've done a lot of outdoor sports from kayaks to canyons and this is a real butt kicker. I wasn't able to summit my last peak up Huayna but I think that was mostly due to the sakibomb warming my sleeping bag kept me up before the attempt ;) I missed my oxygen. It was real cold. Its a masochistic drive that makes you go forward but you accomplish something big. The guides treat you well. The trip finished with a big group dinner, lots of alcohol and some last minute fun with my friend in a bunkbed. I had a blast but was happy to find some sand and enjoy oxygen. If your single I suggest doing longer tours to increase your chances of having "bonus" fun.

Check La Paz Hotel Deals